+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Professions in high demand are a + ?????

Sandrala

Jan 31, 2015
Hey guys!

I know there isn't any profession list this time with the Express Entry but do you think our professions would play a decisive role at getting the ITA? I have under 350 points, which sucks, but my profession is in high demand!!!!

Have you shared your scores with other members here?

cool_canada

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
Sandrala said:
Hey guys!

I know there isn't any profession list this time with the Express Entry but do you think our professions would play a decisive role at getting the ITA? I have under 350 points, which sucks, but my profession is in high demand!!!!

I am also new bie: mine is also under 350 :)

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
My is under 350 and profession in high demnd. I hope we have some chances to get ita.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
If you profession is in demand then an employer would find it easy to get a positive LMIA to go with their job offer to you, giving you a 600 point boost that pretty much guarantees an ITA at the next draw.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
doubleym said:
If you profession is in demand then an employer would find it easy to get a positive LMIA to go with their job offer to you, giving you a 600 point boost that pretty much guarantees an ITA at the next draw.
It is not that easy. LMIA take time and they check everything. Not all employers want to go through that process and no one knows If the LMIA for express entry purpose is different process or not.

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sandrala said:
Hey guys!

As far as i know, and i may be wrong, the selection will be done purely based on scores. Highest ranking gets in first!!! I would recommend to increase your score for securing an ITA. Thanks.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
MONKUCHA said:
It is not that easy. LMIA take time and they check everything. Not all employers want to go through that process and no one knows If the LMIA for express entry purpose is different process or not.
They are not meant to be easy, they are protecting jobs for Canadians. If your skills are truly in demand then an employer would be happy to go through the process, because they haven't been able to find a Canadian for the job.

Sandrala

Jan 31, 2015
Hello mates!

I'm guessing none of us could get an ITA. There is no chance for anybody if you do not have a job offer, that is my impression but their webpage "JobBank" works horribly so I do not know how we can get any option from outside Canada. Any ideas?

I am from Spain (living in UK) and I am thinking about maybe travel to Canada for a few months and trying to get a job offer but I won't do that 'cause that means a lot of money without any guarantees ....

We still have the entire year to get a job offer. Any ideas how can we do that from outside Canada?????