+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Time

OAU

Sep 11, 2017
Hi everyone
I submitted my study permit application in the first week of October. Then, the average processing time was 14weeks, which (if approved) fits into my January resumption date for Winter Semester. However, i recently checked the website and saw that the processing time has been reviewed to 19 weeks.

My question is;
Does application submitted before the upward review in study permit processing time still go with the 14 weeks; or all applications regardless of submission time are now billed for 19 weeks?

This is required to know if my next move is to contact the school for an extension or deferral. Look forward to very helpful comments

Regards

dingomingo

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
The processing time is just an average of the time IRCC took to process the application in that week as for some applicants it takes more time to run background checks or whatever the processing time keeps changing. You should not defer you Admission right now or in this month. If your start date passes and you still do not get a visa only then defer and if you pass eligibility at that point IRCC will issue you a deferral request if your letter of acceptance is only for the session you’ve applied for.

OAU

Sep 11, 2017
The processing time is just an average of the time IRCC took to process the application in that week as for some applicants it takes more time to run background checks or whatever the processing time keeps changing. You should not defer you Admission right now or in this month. If your start date passes and you still do not get a visa only then defer and if you pass eligibility at that point IRCC will issue you a deferral request if your letter of acceptance is only for the session you’ve applied for.
Thanks dingomingo, your thought is appreciated. However, would the resumption period (early January) not play a part in the decision of the Visa Officer; i.e. If it is beyond resumption period, is that a valid reason to deny study permit? That was why i felt deferring early and sending the letter to the home office could be a reasonable move.
Your thought on that........