+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time and timeline for completing medical surveillance in Toronto

stsang

Aug 30, 2024
Hello guys,
This my case which I need help about Medical Surveillance.

I am an open work permit holder and landed in Toronto in Oct 2023. I received an email from IRCC requesting all required information for the follow-up on my medical surveillance requirement.

After 11 months of waiting, in Aug 2024, I finally received an email from IRCC stating that I need to self-report to my local public health unit/clinic, which is in Ontario, North York.

In the email confirming my reporting with Toronto Public Health (TPH), it mentioned that I need to wait up to 9 months for a TB nurse to send me a TB medical assessment form to see a doctor/nurse practitioner to complete the form and order a chest x-ray and other tests if necessary.

I will be eligible to submit my PR application in Nov 2024, but I am feeling very upset and helpless as my application progress seems likely to be delayed if I cannot complete the medical surveillance compliance before Nov 2024.
My work permit will also expire in Oct 2025, I am afraid that I will lost the precious chance to apply for PR.

It seems I may not receive the form before May 2025, as I need to wait 9 months to get the form to see a doctor.

Here are my questions:

1. Has anyone experienced a wait time shorter than 9 months to receive the TB medical assessment form from a TB nurse? What is the actual wait time?
Is there any action I can take to potentially receive the form earlier?

2. After receiving the TB medical assessment form and seeing a doctor, assuming that no further checks are needed after the first appointment, what is the estimated time to receive a decision from IRCC regarding the compliance of medical surveillance?

3. Can anyone recommend a clinic in Toronto or a company that provides TB medical surveillance check-ups and tests, such as chest x-rays and sputum tests? I have tried inquiring about the check-up with 6 or 7 clinics in North York, but none of them provide these services.

I really appreciate your help and any recent experiences you can share.

Best regards,
Susan