+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing fees

jpcare

Oct 25, 2008
Hello People.
I need your help with a few questions I have to ask one more important than the others. I have a filipino girlfriend and she'd like to visit Canada in the new year and to my mistake, I brought the forms home with me thinking I could send them to a Canadian processing office. I'm going to send her the forms to complete and any other information that'll help her. I'm working on a letter of invitation and it is necessary for it to be notarized? Is it my responsibility to pay for the visitor visa processing fee, or does she have to pay it? I live in Calgary Ab and paid the fee using a postal money order in cdn funds, then I started asking myself if this was the right thing to do. I emailed the embassy in Manila about this and they sent me a reply with something I already knew. I spoke to a filipino at work and she said I did the right thing paying the fee, but I'd like a definite answer before sending everything to her. I've also emailed a Philippine bank who offers similar payment options preferred by the embassy, in case my girlfriend has to pay the fees. I've written this same question at other sites, but no one has answered my pleas for help. I guess I speak for many of us here making sure everything is done right.

Thank You

ghiaskhan

Is your friend working?
does she intd to stay in Canada?
Whats your immigration status?
Do you have a job,accomodation and capacity to afford yoyr friend for the duration she intends to stay in Canada?
Answer the above questions to go further.! meanwhile
Visit www.cic.gc.ca read about visitors

jpcare

Oct 25, 2008
Hello

My girlfriend is working and I'll have to ask her in my letter to her if she intends to stay. I had considered she and I get married to solidify things, and then she'll fill out more forms but I think for now I'd like to keep my headaches to a minimum. She had put down on applications staying in Canada only for a month because of her job. I'm a Canadian citizen working fulltime, with my own home and willing to make sacrifices so to speak to make everything work. I got an answer to my processing fee question online by rewording my question and I printed it off for my own benefit. I thought she and I could fill out conjugal partner forms someone had mentioned that immigration doesn't like this, and I hadn't read the fine print at the CIC website.

Thanks

jpcare

Oct 25, 2008
Hello.

I understand what you're saying except she isn't able to search online at work to print off the forms due to the CIC website or other websites being "blocked" because of the IT dept where she works and doesn't get to an internet cafe on a daily basis. She doesn't live in Manila but in Cebu where the Cdn Consulate is, but visas are handled out of Manila. I found a page from the Dept of Foreign Affairs Cdn Embassy Russia when I reworded my question for the processing fee issue, and came across this question " I reside is Uzbekistan. How can I apply for a temporary resident visa and pay the application processing fee"? Answer: "Your relatives or friends in Canada can pay the processing fee by certified cheque or money order in Canadian dollars. They should send the cheque or money order to you.? I've filled out the majority of the forms for her online from going through other forms she's filled out, and all she'll have to do is add her passport information, sign and date it. I don't think the embassy would frown upon online and handwritten forms. I considered using copy & paste to for her signature and possible date so I'll she'll have to add is passport information, but then I wanna do everything right and not doing it half xxsed

Thanks