+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process to get FBI fingerprint background check - USA

slm

Aug 11, 2006
All,

Can anybody help me with FBI fingerprint background check in USA.
What all things I have to do to get this check done.

Do I have to get my finger prints taken by a professional first and then
send it to FBI or can I do it myself.

Do I need separate forms for me and my spouse or only one form....

Please advice..

regards
slm

yagana

Jan 2, 2006
hi;
You need to submit the forms with the fee for processing to the FBI requesting that u need it for canadian immigration and yes there r professionals for it do not attempt it yourself otherwise your form can be reutrned and you will not like the uneccessary delay because it takes a mth for the FBI clearance to come and yes check out on cic web site wether you need state police clearance also along with FBI c learance and do both together as both need fingerprinting from professionals and that comes in 14 days . and yes you need seperate form for your wife and kids above 16 years of age but you dont need clearance for kids below 16 check on the web site though

mskiki

Feb 18, 2005
I recently did the FBI fingerpring background check-USA.

Here is the website where I found the info.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

It includes everything you need to do to request the FBI fingerprint background check. I also checked the local police department website to find out where I can get the fingerprint done professionaly. The place also had the FBI fingerprint form.

I sent my fingerprint to FBI Aug. 1, 2006. I did include the deadline date(Sep.1,2006) on the cover letter and on the envelop. I sent it via Express mail service, and the result came back 2 weeks later. You do not need to include the return envelop with the postage. They won't use it.

As fas as the state police clearance, I didn't receive the request to submit it.

Good luck with your process.

slm

Aug 11, 2006
Thanks Yagana & Mskiki for your response.
I'll findout from my local police office if they do fingerprinting and then I can send them to FBI.

I'll keep you posted, I did my medicals today.

Hope for the best.

regards
slm

slm

Aug 11, 2006
Can I mail the forms for me and my wife together or I have to mail them separately ?

slm

slm

Aug 11, 2006
PMM & MSKIKI

There are two forms under this link:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

One says "Cover Letter" and other has the same content but has title
as "Letter Of Request Instructions" & "Cover Letter" and also when I print the second one I get "Sample" as watermark. Whats the difference between these two forms.

I think I have to use the first one only.
Please advice.

slm

mskiki

Feb 18, 2005
My appology for slow response. I used the "cover letter" one only. I don't know the difference between 2 forms you talked about.

Good luck!

slm

Aug 11, 2006
Thanks mskiki,

I got my finger printed from my local police office and I mailed them to FBI today. I gave them 1 month as deadline.

If they have any issues with the fingerprints, do they inform me immediately ?
How fast will I receive my record from FBI with given 1 months deadline...

regards
slm

mskiki

Feb 18, 2005
I also gave 1 month deadline date, and mine came back in 2 weeks. I used Express Mail to send my fingerprint to FBI. FBI used a regular mail to return it. I was presently surprised how quick it was.

IFS Canada

Oct 1, 2006
Check this web site policecheck.com for professional fingerprinting locations across Canada. It is International Fingerprinting Services canada.
They will have all of the forms you need. Instruct you as to where to send them, how much it costs, approximate processing times,etc. They also have the information for all U.S. State police clearances you will need.

IFS Scarborough at 416-293-2030 is a full service location and guarantee their fimgerprints or will re-do them for free.