+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process for Filing PR

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to the forum and would need some tips/help on how should I prepare and file PR for Canada. I am planning to relocate with my spouse and we will be filing our application by mid March.
1. Can anyone explain me the process of application and what documents should I have before March to be prepared.
2. Should I approach any Immigration Consultant for the whole process?
3. What are the benefits of the same and which consultant is the best in Delhi (WWICS?).
4. How much is the conversion rate (people getting PR/people applied for it)?
5. How much time does it generally take for the whole process and will this new Express Entry programme will benefit us in any way?
6. What is the overall job market for IT sector in Canada?

Please answer as many queries as you can. Thanks in advance.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
sahilkhurana06 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to the forum and would need some tips/help on how should I prepare and file PR for Canada. I am planning to relocate with my spouse and we will be filing our application by mid March.
1. Can anyone explain me the process of application and what documents should I have before March to be prepared.
2. Should I approach any Immigration Consultant for the whole process?
3. What are the benefits of the same and which consultant is the best in Delhi (*****?).
4. How much is the conversion rate (people getting PR/people applied for it)?
5. How much time does it generally take for the whole process and will this new Express Entry programme will benefit us in any way?
6. What is the overall job market for IT sector in Canada?

Please answer as many queries as you can. Thanks in advance.
1. You create an online profile for Express Entry: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp The link also describes the whole process. You need to have language test results (like IELTS) before you apply, as well as a credential assessment report from a CIC-approved organization, like WES or University of Toronto.
2. Not if you can help it. It's not necessary, costs money, and consultants aren't necessarily well-informed.
4. Maybe there will be some EE statistics after the January draw.
5. CIC promised to process successful applications in 6 months or less. But first you have to be selected in one of the draws (which are expected to be 1-2 times per month), and also you will have to provide some documents after you're selected in a draw (online submission), you get 60 days to do so.

Jan 20, 2015
2. It is not necessary that it may cost any money and consultants are not necessarily well informed.
3. Perhaps there will be some EE statistics during the January draw.
4. CIC is a secure method for successful applications in six months or less. However 1st you have got to be chosen in one amongst the attracts that area unit expected to be 1-2 times per month, and conjointly you will ought to give some documents when you get chosen in an internet submission, you get sixty days to try and do thus.

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
Thanks for your prompt response.

If I am targeting to apply in March, which all documents should be readily available with me

1. Transcript copies? (How many required)
2. IELTS Score?
3. For ECA to be done, all our educational documents photocopy with above 2 documents will be enough?
4. Could you please explain the step by step process of how to get ECA done?
5. How do you get this score of more than 400 or 450? Is it obtained after you apply your application on CIC website? What is the fee for applying for myself and spouse?
6. Should I make a profile for my spouse separately to increase chances of conversion or I can be the primary applicant only?

Thanks in advance.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
sahilkhurana06 said:
Thanks for your prompt response.

If I am targeting to apply in March, which all documents should be readily available with me

1. Transcript copies? (How many required)
2. IELTS Score?
3. For ECA to be done, all our educational documents photocopy with above 2 documents will be enough?
4. Could you please explain the step by step process of how to get ECA done?
5. How do you get this score of more than 400 or 450? Is it obtained after you apply your application on CIC website? What is the fee for applying for myself and spouse?
6. Should I make a profile for my spouse separately to increase chances of conversion or I can be the primary applicant only?

Thanks in advance.
I only know answers to some of the questions, sorry.
1. Transcript copies - you mean, educational? You don't need those to create EE profile, but they may be needed to get the education assessment (see 3 and 4).
2. Yes.
3 and 4. The exact document list would depend on the organization you choose. I'd recommend WES, it's much faster in my experience than University of Toronto. What documents you need for WES depends on which country you are from, you can look it up at their website: http://www.wes.org/required/ As for the process: for WES, you create an online profile at their website, make your order (you would order a assessment report plus delivery and possibly some copies of the report), pay via credit card and send them the required documents by mail or a courier service. In my case, I had to ship my diploma to them, because that's their requirements for my country. For some countries, you don't have to send your diploma, but instead your university would have to send your academic records and transcripts directly to WES - again, you would have to look up the exact requirements. After they receive the payment and all required documents, they'll do the assessment, you will be notified by email when it's done (may take several weeks), and they'll send the report and your documents back to you. You should search the forum, there are several threads about education assessment with more details, that's a rough sketch.
5. You will know your score when you complete your EE profile, but you can also calculate it yourself beforehand, here's a useful link: http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html You should also take a look at the spreadsheet; see this topic http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-spreadsheet-please-discuss-here-t256213.0.html The link to the spreadsheet is in the first post. The spreadsheet would help you get the picture of score distribution, and contains lots of useful links. Creating EE profile is absolutely free.
6. Not sure about this one.