+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problems with CEC (Dual Intent)

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
I applied for PR under CEC on March 31, 2011 at New Delhi India. In the mean time I also got an admit to do my masters in Canada so I applied for my student visa and stated my case of dual intent in my application for student visa. I got a mail from new Delhi on May 9, 2011 that my CEC file was being transferred to Buffalo and it will take 3 months for Buffalo to get back to me. I also got a receipt for 550 CAD which for some reason had 'Skilled Worker PR' on it. The letter I received along with the receipt (about my file transfer to Buffalo) from New Delhi had CEC on it though.

I got to know recently that till date, Buffalo has not received my application. I mailed the New Delhi Consulate and I have not got a reply from them and it has been more than a month. I did a case specific enquiry and got no reply from the New Delhi Consulate.

What do I do? Should I contact the immigration minister or Canadian High Commission in New Delhi? Is my Student Visa delaying my PR application process?

I am no longer eligible to apply for PR under CEC again. So I am a little worried. Please advice.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fedex682 said:
I applied for PR under CEC on March 31, 2011 at New Delhi India. In the mean time I also got an admit to do my masters in Canada so I applied for my student visa and stated my case of dual intent in my application for student visa. I got a mail from new Delhi on May 9, 2011 that my CEC file was being transferred to Buffalo and it will take 3 months for Buffalo to get back to me. I also got a receipt for 550 CAD which for some reason had 'Skilled Worker PR' on it. The letter I received along with the receipt (about my file transfer to Buffalo) from New Delhi had CEC on it though.

I got to know recently that till date, Buffalo has not received my application. I mailed the New Delhi Consulate and I have not got a reply from them and it has been more than a month. I did a case specific enquiry and got no reply from the New Delhi Consulate.

What do I do? Should I contact the immigration minister or Canadian High Commission in New Delhi? Is my Student Visa delaying my PR application process?

I am no longer eligible to apply for PR under CEC again. So I am a little worried. Please advice.
1. CEC is a skilled worker category.
2. Buffalo's processing time for CEC is 14 months so you are little too anxious.
3. Why would Delhi know anything, they sent your application to Buffalo? You check with Buffalo, and since the processing time is noway near how long they have had the file, they probably won't reply.
4. Your Study permit and your CEC application are two different things. Although Delhi may question that you are applying as a skilled worker, yet your intention is to study.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

1. CEC is a skilled worker category.
2. Buffalo's processing time for CEC is 14 months so you are little too anxious.
3. Why would Delhi know anything, they sent your application to Buffalo? You check with Buffalo, and since the processing time is noway near how long they have had the file, they probably won't reply.
4. Your Study permit and your CEC application are two different things. Although Delhi may question that you are applying as a skilled worker, yet your intention is to study.
Thanks for the quick reply, PMM.

I did contact Buffalo and that is when Buffalo informed me that they have not received my application till date.

I know that the CEC processing time is 14 months, but shouldn't I be receiving an AOR within 7 months after applying? Since I did not receive an AOR, I contacted Buffalo and that is when I got to know that Buffalo has not even received my application yet.

I am already on a study permit and in Toronto now. Hopefully my study permit does not delay my PR process. I have heard that it could not sure how true that is though.

Once again thanks for the help, PMM. If you have any advice for me regarding my case please do let me know.