+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem Visa for Work Permit : Received ETA for Russian nationality

GeoffC

Feb 4, 2019
Hey everyone !

My wife, living in Russia, received the approval for her open work permit, so this is a great news. we received in the online account at the same time the visa with permit, but they put an ETA not a TVR.

When I read about the visa, they said that ETA is just for specific countries, my wife is from Russia, with Russian passport, so she needs a work visa.

I would like to know if some of you had this same issue, and also if you know how it will be possible to ask to fix it ?
I sent message from the cic website but its always automatic answer I received by email...

Thank your for your help :)

Reactions: bob_schaf

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey everyone !

My wife, living in Russia, received the approval for her open work permit, so this is a great news. we received in the online account at the same time the visa with permit, but they put an ETA not a TVR.

When I read about the visa, they said that ETA is just for specific countries, my wife is from Russia, with Russian passport, so she needs a work visa.

I would like to know if some of you had this same issue, and also if you know how it will be possible to ask to fix it ?
I sent message from the cic website but its always automatic answer I received by email...

Thank your for your help :)
Does she have a US green card? If she does not have one, she must contact her visa office to inform them that she needs a TRV and not an eTA

Reactions: bob_schaf