+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

private health insurance

Brita

Jun 9, 2012
Hi there,

I will land in Toronto very soon and I need to know which private health insurance company is more affordable and has a better coverage for the three months period before I get my federal health insurance?

Brita

Haitokin

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Hi Brita,

That will depend on your current age, but get a quote here to see what the options are from Canada's top insurance companies:

http://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/visitors-to-canada-insurance

you can easily compare the policy features and benefits by clicking on the 'summary' button under each company's logo. You can also change the coverage amounts or the deductible you'd prefer right on the instant quote that appears once you fill in the green quote request form...

emmaballet20

Jul 9, 2012
hey Brita health insurance company in Toronto well I found just only two companies those are best & may be affordable for you & for your health insurance.

ameroinsurance.ca
sunlife.ca

jackswwagar

Mar 30, 2012
There are many private company for health insurance but the main thing you should look for is quick services at the time of claiming.

baronorkid

Jul 3, 2012
Does anyone else have more information on this topic ?
I am also looking for private insurance for my family but I don't know which plan to go with !

Thanks in advance

kematute

Aug 6, 2012
pregnancy and delivery becovered?

Hi Good day!

I've read some of the topics in this forum and it caught my attention because I am also in a situation.

Me and my wife are waiting for our visa to arrive, now, we are expecting that our visa will be arriving by september 2nd week of this year (2012).
We are planning to leave on the 4th week of september 2012. My wife is pregnant and by the time we leave she will be on her 6th month pregnancy.

Where can we get an insurance that can help us in her pregnancy and delivery when we arrive in Ontario, Ottaw? will her pregnancy and delivery be covered from the moment we arrive?

I hope to hear from your end.

Thank you and God bless.

Kem

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: pregnancy and delivery becovered?

kematute said:
Hi Good day!

I've read some of the topics in this forum and it caught my attention because I am also in a situation.

Me and my wife are waiting for our visa to arrive, now, we are expecting that our visa will be arriving by september 2nd week of this year (2012).
We are planning to leave on the 4th week of september 2012. My wife is pregnant and by the time we leave she will be on her 6th month pregnancy.

Where can we get an insurance that can help us in her pregnancy and delivery when we arrive in Ontario, Ottaw? will her pregnancy and delivery be covered from the moment we arrive?

Thank you and God bless.

Kem
No - unfortunately her pregnancy and delivery costs will not be covered from the moment you arrive. Since you will be landing in Ontario, you will qualify for health care coverage (OHIP) thee months after you land in Canada. Until then, you will either have to pay for all medical treatment costs yourself or take out insurance to cover these costs.

Unfortunately insurance policies do not cover costs related to pregnancy since this is classified as a pre-existing condition.

As a result, you should expect that you will have to pay for all medical expenses related to the pregnancy and delivery that happen during your first three months in Canada yourself.

Nov 30, 2012
Re: pregnancy and delivery becovered?

@Kematute:

Just want to ask if you were able to find any good insurance for your 3 month waiting period?
I'm in the same situation as yours. Wife is 6 months pregnant and we just landed.
If all goes well then we are covered by OHIP but I need a coverage if in case she delivers before due date.

kematute said:
Hi Good day!

Thank you and God bless.

Kem