+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

private colleges

kooolguy

Sep 4, 2014
Hey All,

I am new to this forum. I am looking at some programs offered by private colleges in Canada.

Has anybody from India applied to private colleges in Canada and got their student visa approved at first shot.

I heard visa officers usually reject visas if its a private college and not a public. I really don't understand why they do this.

Anybody with successful visa or rejection kindly share your experience or paste the thread link I need to see.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Private colleges generally provide a much lower level of education than public colleges. Also, employers generally prefer to hire individual with public college diplomas over private college diplomas. Additionally, private colleges tend to accept students with lower marks than public colleges.

Because private colleges generally have such poor reputations, it really doesn't make sense for a foreign student to spend so much money to study at one. So when CIC sees a foreign student who wants to go to a private college, they often assume this person isn't a genuine student but is just looking to find a way to come to Canada long term.

kooolguy

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks Scylla.. It is indeed worth to invest in public colleges.

Can you please reply to my question below.

I am planning to pursue Masters program for 2 years in Canada.

Can you tell me what is the list of documents that I need to submit while applying for student visa?

My brother who is a US citizen will be my financial sponsor so what documents will he need to show as proof of financial sponsorship while applying for the visa?

I tried looking at the web links on CIC website but its not given in detail.

Please help me on this.

Thanks.