+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prince edward island pnp changes

saihere

Jun 11, 2024
Hi, I just want to ask some questions about the recent changes that Prince Edward Island immigration department announced. Is it even legal to implement these new changes without intimating beforehand. Any change that is about to be brought shouldn't affect those already there right but why is the government enforcing these changes on those already working in pei? Anyway does any one have an update on what's happening in pei now? The last I heard the workers are protesting, so what happened to them?

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi, I just want to ask some questions about the recent changes that Prince Edward Island immigration department announced. Is it even legal to implement these new changes without intimating beforehand. Any change that is about to be brought shouldn't affect those already there right but why is the government enforcing these changes on those already working in pei? Anyway does any one have an update on what's happening in pei now? The last I heard the workers are protesting, so what happened to them?
It's within the province's rights to implement such policy change. Further, they are not obligated to conduct a public consultation especially if it involves temporary residents. It doesn't really warrant a retroactive application as they never promised anyone a guaranteed pathway to PR. As far as update, PEI is sticking to it's cap and protesters very likely won't get anywhere. You should evaluate other PR pathways than waiting for this. Good luck.

Reactions: canuck78

saihere

Jun 11, 2024
So temporary residents are not humans according to the government. They can do whatever they please with them, change rules without any intimation and expect everyone to just go along with it. The government of Canada hired thousands of recruiting agents who sell false hope to unsuspecting immigrants and they won't put a stop to it and are ok earning billions through them but they are ok with hurting thousands with such changes. By the way I am not am immigrant in pei I saw the news on my phone and wanted to find out what's happening.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So temporary residents are not humans according to the government. They can do whatever they please with them, change rules without any intimation and expect everyone to just go along with it. The government of Canada hired thousands of recruiting agents who sell false hope to unsuspecting immigrants and they won't put a stop to it and are ok earning billions through them but they are ok with hurting thousands with such changes. By the way I am not am immigrant in pei I saw the news on my phone and wanted to find out what's happening.
The Government of Canada doesn’t hire recruiting agents. How is the government earning billions. Agents may or may not be licensed and most are shady and incompetent. Provinces oversee their own immigration programs and set the number of people who can immigrate and in the skill areas in demand like health care. They can close a program too if they don’t need workers. The federal government has no say. PEI has a population of 150,000 so they cannot accept everyone and no student or worker should expect PR. If foreigners want to work then should be gaining experience and or study in the areas that PEI needs (healthcare). You don’t seem to understand how the immigration system works but temporary workers and students should be coming to Canada with the idea that they are coming temporarily. Canada and the provinces have no obligation to give them PR or citizenship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, perfectly legal.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
How is it a human rights issue? Lol. As others said, govt does not hire "recruiting agents". It's consultants and schools which do that. The whole immigration program was designed to attract skilled labour or students who can gain Canadian education and transition to work force curbing skill shortage. What really happened is, diploma mills popped up, no skills were developed and transition happened to minimum wage jobs making it competitive. Ultimately, when a student is offered a study permit, the condition is they will return home after studies. If they are buying "false hope" it's really on them. It might sound harsh but it's the reality and no province or Canada has any obligation per say.