+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary Occupation

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hi
Quick question;
When completing the CEC application (via EE) I have to put down my Primary Occupation, NOC code and when I became qualified for that occupation.
Does this NOC have to be the same as the occupation I gained my qualifying CEC employment in?

in other words: I have one year's Canadian work experience under NOC 2173 (software engineer) but I am now working full time, and will continue after getting PR, in a job which has NOC of 5241 (graphic designer) (both had LMIAs)

Which should be my Primary Occupation?

thank you

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
lotusEsp said:
Hi
Quick question;
When completing the CEC application (via EE) I have to put down my Primary Occupation, NOC code and when I became qualified for that occupation.
Does this NOC have to be the same as the occupation I gained my qualifying CEC employment in?

in other words: I have one year's Canadian work experience under NOC 2173 (software engineer) but I am now working full time, and will continue after getting PR, in a job which has NOC of 5241 (graphic designer) (both had LMIAs)

Which should be my Primary Occupation?

thank you
This is a tricky one mate, since both occupations are in different NOC levels. I can understand if you go back and forth between 2173 to 2175 but from 2173 to 5241 is a bit misleading.

Nevertheless I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem if you put down your primary option as 5241. It would raise some eyebrows for sure. But it's nothing illegal or against your application.

If I were you I would stick around more here and ask for some other people's opinions.

Best of luck mate,

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Thanks

this whole application process is making me nervous.

Although the jobs are very different on paper - its still within the same industry - Visual Effects for film & TV

It's just that I've switched (as I often do) between more technical roles, developing custom stuff for helping computer graphics artists to shots - to being a computer graphics artist myself doing shots.