+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

primary occupation NOC

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hello everyone. I have 3 questions regarding my work experience when applying for the FSW program:

1. I was working as an IT helpdesk (2282 NOC) for 2 years from Sept 2019 to Oct 2021, and currently working as a data analyst (2172 NOC) starting from Oct 2021 to present, which is only 9 months. I added the IT helpdesk NOC as my primary NOC because I have less than 1 year work experience at my current job. The question is, is it okay not to add my current job as a primary occupation, and add my previous job?

2. What does it mean by "date first became qualifies to practice this occupation?", is it Master's graduation date (I started my first job right after I graduated from Master's) or the start day of my first job?

3. How can I increase my score from the work experience?

Appreciate your help, thank you!

Reactions: ImpatientDragon

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello everyone. I have 3 questions regarding my work experience when applying for the FSW program:

1. I was working as an IT helpdesk (2282 NOC) for 2 years from Sept 2019 to Oct 2021, and currently working as a data analyst (2172 NOC) starting from Oct 2021 to present, which is only 9 months. I added the IT helpdesk NOC as my primary NOC because I have less than 1 year work experience at my current job. The question is, is it okay not to add my current job as a primary occupation, and add my previous job?

2. What does it mean by "date first became qualifies to practice this occupation?", is it Master's graduation date (I started my first job right after I graduated from Master's) or the start day of my first job?

3. How can I increase my score from the work experience?

Appreciate your help, thank you!
1) Yes, you can.

2) Usually, this is a date you graduate /or the jon start date

3) You can fetch work experience related crs points when it's equivalent to 3 years or above.