+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

previously married, getting married to a canadian, PR application issues

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
Hi there! My friend is marrying a Canadian and will be applying for permanent residency soon. The thing is, he used to be married back home and has children. When his Canadian fiancee/soon to be wife applies for the sponsorship, do they have to include the children in the application? what about the ex-wife? Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - he must include his children if they are under 19 years of age. Each child will also have to pass a medical (regardless of whether they are coming to Canada with him or not).

No - he will not include his ex wife.

taymos

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan.15th. 2012.
Nomination.....
Oct.,14th,2012
AOR Received.
April 19th,2013
IELTS Request
May 12th, 2012
File Transfer...
April 22nd, 2013
Med's Request
May 20th, 2013.
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2013.
Interview........
E-cas Medicals received, 5th July, 2013
Passport Req..
3rd Sept., 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
10th Sept., 2013
LANDED..........
3rd Oct., 2013
Hi,
Please, I need an advice concerning sponsoring my spouse still back home. Tell me what I need to do, to bring her and my daughter to Canada. When I was filing my application to come to Canada, I did it with my former wife, who died of Diabetes before I receive a medical test letter from the MPNP. So I was advised to restart a new application by MPNP and filed in as a widower, so it took me almost 2 years, in between these years, I remarried, but I did not include them in my application, because the application has reached an advanced stage.
Now, Iam in Canada, without them. I need your advise on how I will apply for them and bring them into Canada. Please your advise is urgently needed. Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
taymos said:
Hi,
Please, I need an advice concerning sponsoring my spouse still back home. Tell me what I need to do, to bring her and my daughter to Canada. When I was filing my application to come to Canada, I did it with my former wife, who died of Diabetes before I receive a medical test letter from the MPNP. So I was advised to restart a new application by MPNP and filed in as a widower, so it took me almost 2 years, in between these years, I remarried, but I did not include them in my application, because the application has reached an advanced stage.
Now, Iam in Canada, without them. I need your advise on how I will apply for them and bring them into Canada. Please your advise is urgently needed. Thanks.
If you were married to your new spouse AND you didn't include her or your daughter in your application AND you landed as a Permanent Resident without declaring them, you can't sponsor them.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
zardoz said:
If you were married to your new spouse AND you didn't include her or your daughter in your application AND you landed as a Permanent Resident without declaring them, you can't sponsor them.
Yeah, CIC is pretty determined on this -- their only chance of coming is to apply on their own merits now, under the FSW or another program. It's too bad -- why didn't you include them in your application? It would have been straightforward.