+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous UK Visa Refusal. Help!

MysteryLog

Jan 19, 2023
I am trying to make an express entry application and will like to understand the impact of a previous UK clearance refusal. I had applied to the UK 14 years ago and was refused purely on the grounds of not having enough funds to demonstrate I could fend for myself in the UK. 5 years later, I had erroneously responded to "No" on previous visa refusals and was then refused entry clearance into the UK on the grounds of a misrepresentation of facts. I haven't applied to the UK since then, but I have had 3 US Visas and 4 Schengen visas. Can someone help me understand how to manage this in my express entry application? I intend to say it as it is but I am also worried that this could affect my current application. Anybody with a similar experience?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I am trying to make an express entry application and will like to understand the impact of a previous UK clearance refusal. I had applied to the UK 14 years ago and was refused purely on the grounds of not having enough funds to demonstrate I could fend for myself in the UK. 5 years later, I had erroneously responded to "No" on previous visa refusals and was then refused entry clearance into the UK on the grounds of a misrepresentation of facts. I haven't applied to the UK since then, but I have had 3 US Visas and 4 Schengen visas. Can someone help me understand how to manage this in my express entry application? I intend to say it as it is but I am also worried that this could affect my current application. Anybody with a similar experience?
being honest is the best advice. you may attach a letter of explanation regarding the previous UK refusal. i believe there won't be an issue when applying for express entry now.
@wonderbly @GandiBaat @cansha @Naturgrl