+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

previous part time work experience

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
question regarding work experience?
I came here in 2011January as a student. While applying student visa in 2011 and post graduate work permit in 2013 April, I haven't mentioned my Indian part time work experience. Is it possible to show my Indian work experience now for express entry?

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Hey,

It's usually the hours of work, so according to CIC's CEC stream:

Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

This just means that you can use your part-time hours towards your work-experience.

Hope this helps!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
physiohit said:
I am asking about out of Canada experience before coming to Canada.
Do you want to include this to boost your CRS score? Yes, you can use it irrespective of NOC it it was acquired in the past 10 years.

Do you want to include this for program eligibility points? Yes, you can use it only for that particular NOC.

For both of the above, the onus is on you to get reference letters to prove the roles & responsibilities, working hours/week, start and end date, employer details etc in the format that CIC wants.

Hope that helps. All the best!

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have part time work experience of 1 year during my masters in UK and of 4 months after that(part time too).
This experience is not relevant to my current job that is fetching me points in crs. So shall i mention this work experience in post ITA application?
If yes, then do i have to get reference letter for the same and if no(only i fill it up in personal history)
Can cic request for the reference letter at a later date?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pav said:
I have part time work experience of 1 year during my masters in UK and of 4 months after that(part time too).
This experience is not relevant to my current job that is fetching me points in crs. So shall i mention this work experience in post ITA application?
If yes, then do i have to get reference letter for the same and if no(only i fill it up in personal history)
Can cic request for the reference letter at a later date?
If you're getting nothing out of it, leave it out of work history and include in personal history. Even there, your 1 year of part-time work experience during Masters need not be mentioned separately as it will be subsumed under Education during the same period.

CIC won't ask for reference letters if you haven't claimed any points for that work experience and it doesn't feature in your work history.

All the best!

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks asivad
You are really a gem :)
Wish you get your pr soon
I will be more than happy

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Thanks so much for your reply Asivad.
I can prove my previous employment experience but I am worried about if immigration officer will question me- why I didn't mentioned my previous experience before, when I applied my study visa and work permit.. Then how can I explain to them?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
physiohit said:
Thanks so much for your reply Asivad.
I can prove my previous employment experience but I am worried about if immigration officer will question me- why I didn't mentioned my previous experience before, when I applied my study visa and work permit.. Then how can I explain to them?
The basic question is not if you can prove it or not. Do you need this for program eligibility and/or CRS score? If No, leave it out. Nothing to prove anymore. If yes, include it and provide the reference letter.

CIC isn't likely to question you about leaving it out from previous applications. Those had different purposes at different points in time.

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
The basic question is not if you can prove it or not. Do you need this for program eligibility and/or CRS score? If No, leave it out. Nothing to prove anymore. If yes, include it and provide the reference letter.

CIC isn't likely to question you about leaving it out from previous applications. Those had different purposes at different points in time.
Hi Asivad,

If we didn't claim any points for our previous work experience, do we need to mention them when creating the EE profiles? Or do we need to mention them in the profiles and move them to the personal history after ITA?

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auschase said:
Hi Asivad,

If we didn't claim any points for our previous work experience, do we need to mention them when creating the EE profiles? Or do we need to mention them in the profiles and move them to the personal history after ITA?

Thanks.
You don't need to include any work experience that isn't essential to program eligibility and/or CRS score in your EE profile. You will have to declare those later in personal history post ITA because that portion of the profile deals with criminal history and background verification.

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You don't need to include any work experience that isn't essential to program eligibility and/or CRS score in your EE profile. You will have to declare those later in personal history post ITA because that portion of the profile deals with criminal history and background verification.
Thanks a lot!

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
One follow-up question Asivad, do I need to put my wife's education in the EE profile even if we don't claim any points for it? It's weird not to include any education for my wife, but we don't want to be asked to submit her ECA (which we don't have) after ITA either. Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auschase said:
One follow-up question Asivad, do I need to put my wife's education in the EE profile even if we don't claim any points for it? It's weird not to include any education for my wife, but we don't want to be asked to submit her ECA (which we don't have) after ITA either. Thanks.
It might be weird but you can certainly leave it out if you're not claiming points for it. CIC doesn't care.