+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant spousal visa, is she eligible for free maternity services?

roncats

Dec 23, 2012
Hi there,

I would like ask some information regarding our situation. I am currently working here in New Zealand and I applied to Canada then luckily the LMO has been approved. The position offered to me is under Skill Level B 8253. As I understand I can bring my wife over under spousal visa but she is 6months pregnant. We are expecting that our visa will be approved early 2013 and we should be in Alberta by Feb 2013. I am just wondering if she will be covered for a free maternity services or we will be paying thousands of dollars? Thanks very much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

roncats said:
Hi there,

I would like ask some information regarding our situation. I am currently working here in New Zealand and I applied to Canada then luckily the LMO has been approved. The position offered to me is under Skill Level B 8253. As I understand I can bring my wife over under spousal visa but she is 6months pregnant. We are expecting that our visa will be approved early 2013 and we should be in Alberta by Feb 2013. I am just wondering if she will be covered for a free maternity services or we will be paying thousands of dollars? Thanks very much.
In Alberta she will be covered from day 1 of admission if your work permit is valid for more than 6 months. http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html

chuvak_555

Dec 5, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

In Alberta she will be covered from day 1 of admission if your work permit is valid for more than 6 months. http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html
Hi
What about Saskatchewan with the same problem?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
roncats said:
Hi there,

Most airlines won't allow women over 7 months pregnant to travel.

You need to remain in Alberta for at least six months after registering for healthcare or they will backcharge you for any services. (i. e. if you get a job in another province and leave Alberta before 6 months, Alberta will mail you a bill for the birth).