+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant during the immigration process

Postiglioni

Oct 3, 2019
Dear all,
My husband and I just got the ITA from Express Entry program and we have until December 2nd to submit the all documents.
I´m pregnant and the birth is due to December 20th.
How can we add the baby’s information to the process for her to immigrate with us? Will it change our scores?
After we send the documents, can we add the baby birth information?
How about the medical exames? My weight will change from the day I´ll made it and the day we expect to do the landing (around July 2020). Is there any issue with that? The baby will need to do the medical exames also?
Please advice and thank you all.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You can't add your baby until he/she is born. You need to submit your application before the deadline, then inform IRCC via web form after you give birth and they'll provide you with instructions. It does not affect your score.
Since you are pregnant, you may not be allowed to have x ray until you give birth. Inform the doctor when you go for your medical and follow their instructions.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Have you completed medical exam with X ray already? Since the due date is not very far off, pregnancy will not add significant amount of time to your processing.
Get your medical exam done without X ray. The doctor will give you a pregnancy deferral letter.
Submit the PR application as soon as you can before Dec 2. Upload pregnancy deferral letter alongwith the emedical sheet with your application.

After the child is born, inform CIC using case specific inquiry.
While the respond, get child's passport and get the child's medical exam completed. Also get your own X ray and complete your medical exam.
CIC will then modify your application and add additional placeholders for child's information and documents. Some paper forms may need to be filed.

After all that is done, they will process your application and you will all get PR together.

mk11s

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
If you have CRS score good enough to get ITA again,I would say reject the current ITA.
In the meantime,try to arrange for all the documents and accept the ITA when the baby is born.