+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant Couple in need of advice for Immigration

Julesgems

Jun 28, 2010
Hello,

I am a Canadian Citizen, born and raised. My boyfriend is from Mexico. We have only known each other for about six months now, are living together and have now found out that I am with child. I have looked into sponsering him, unfortunately I am currently unemployed (I am looking for new employment). We thought that perhaps he could go home and renew his visa, but have been told now that it has gotten extremely difficult for Mexicans to obtain a visa to live here. He is also very worried about leaving me, as he has been supporting me for the last couple of weeks. I do have family that can help me out if he leaves, we are just worried that if he does leave he will not be able to come back in time for the birth of his child. We do not know what to do. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!!! THANK YOU in advance :)

P

pv

well Congrats...

I think your boyfriend can apply for extn in visa from here (canada it self), he does not have to go out for applying for extn.. (pl explore this option)

yes sponsoring requires you to be in Job.

Since you are canadian citizen your best bet would be to marry him and then apply for sponsorship... and he should apply for extn from here only even after getting married to you

if he leaves the country and then apply for any visa to meet you and child.... then its very very difficult to get visa

CIC is very tough giving visa to anyone who is married to any canadian PR or citizen..

good luck, pl consult some lawyer as well

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if you post your message in the family class immigration board would have better results.

Is your partner in Canada right now? If so, try to renew the visit visa so that both of you can have at least one year relationship as common law which is one of the requirement for applying common-law sponsorship and immigration. Although spousal sponsorship has no income requirement, you still need to explain how you would support yourself and your partner.