+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-DLI Canadian education

phushcha

May 29, 2017
Hello gents/ladies,

I asked the same question in another thread, but just like for everybody else here, the answer is really important for me so I need some visibility. I called cic, the agent wasn't of much help, wondering if anyone faced the same issue.

I graduated a 1 year program from a college in Canada back in 2011. I was granted a study permit based on acceptance there in 2010. I believe DLI numbers were not introduced back then so I got in easily (which would've not been possible nowadays)
Regardless... the college no longer accepts international students and doesn't have a DLI number. Do I qualify for the extra 15 points for canadian diploma or not? I understand you need to provide DLI number to qualify but I can't find information anywhere regarding institutions that lost their DLI number or ended up not having one AFTER graduation.

"Was phushcha awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study?"
- Yes

"What is the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number of the school?"
- No DLI number

I got the points based on these answers. Thinking I might run into trouble because of this in the future.

If anyone has run into this issue before, please be so kind to let me know. Thank you.