+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC 5 year Renewal-Appendix A Residency Obligation

Apr 7, 2024
Hi. I have been in Canada the required number of days for my PRC 5 year Renewal. I have filled out the application and attached what I think are all of the required documents and submitted my application to Renew my Permanent Residency Card. Nowhere though can I find any requirement to attach all pages of my passport if I have been out of Canada within the last 5 years. Yes, I have made multiple trips to Asia. Does anyone know if all pages showing exit and entry to Canada are required? If so, where does this appear in the various instructions for submission? Thanks all for your help.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I have been in Canada the required number of days for my PRC 5 year Renewal. I have filled out the application and attached what I think are all of the required documents and submitted my application to Renew my Permanent Residency Card. Nowhere though can I find any requirement to attach all pages of my passport if I have been out of Canada within the last 5 years. Yes, I have made multiple trips to Asia. Does anyone know if all pages showing exit and entry to Canada are required? If so, where does this appear in the various instructions for submission? Thanks all for your help.
Typically the only page that is needed is the photo (biometrics) page.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html#5445E4

• A copy of one of the following primary identity documents:
    • your valid passport or travel document or
    • the passport or travel document you had when you became a permanent resident (if applicable, include the passport page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident) or
    • the certificate of identity or travel document issued by the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or a foreign country.

• Note: The copy should show:
    • the document type and number;
    • issue and expiry date;
    • your name;
    • your photo; and
    • your date of birth
Nowhere does it ask for every page with entry/exit stamps, right? The bio page in your passport provides everything that is required.

Apr 7, 2024
Thanks very much Ponga. This is as we hoped, but a friend said he had been told we need all pages of passports. there is no reference to any such thing though that I can see.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks very much Ponga. This is as we hoped, but a friend said he had been told we need all pages of passports. there is no reference to any such thing though that I can see.
Hmmm, which is correct? The stuff somebody told us they heard, or the actual instructions?

Tough call.

Apr 7, 2024
Hi Ponga. We went with the actual instructions as you and I both read. A lawyer who is doing one for another friend told him he needed all pages of all paasports used with in the last 5 years, whether those pages are stamped or not. Sounds a bit over the top to me.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ponga. We went with the actual instructions as you and I both read. A lawyer who is doing one for another friend told him he needed all pages of all paasports used with in the last 5 years, whether those pages are stamped or not. Sounds a bit over the top to me.
What a joke.

I suggest you start a new thread with a clear title (i.e. PR Card Renewal Passport Questions) and see if you can solicit answers from those that have recently applied; see what they had to provide.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Paying a lawyer for a simple PR card renewal sounds a bit over the top - unless perhaps it was NOT a simple renewal?

While I hate to disparage lawyers (apophasis warning), you should assume they're not going to be adverse to having an extra 60 mins of assistant's work added to your bill with a hefy margin tacked on to it.