+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr under cec (international student) pls help...........

kuldeep214

Oct 30, 2010
Hiii,
I was a international student here, I did 8 mnths International business mgmt (post grad) frm here and now i m on my post graduation work permit of one year. Now my friend is opening a restaurant here and he is giving me permanent job offer letter as a restaurant manager.

I m eligible for applying the pr here or not ??? or do i need min one year canadian work experience.I also heard that to apply under cec you need 2 yrs of full time study in canada.
n how much time before i have to apply for wp extension before it expires...
pls help me............

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kuldeep214 said:
Hiii,
I was a international student here, I did 8 mnths International business mgmt (post grad) frm here and now i m on my post graduation work permit of one year. Now my friend is opening a restaurant here and he is giving me permanent job offer letter as a restaurant manager.

I m eligible for applying the pr here or not ??? or do i need min one year canadian work experience.I also heard that to apply under cec you need 2 yrs of full time study in canada.
pls help me............

You would need a minimum of 2 years of work experience to qualify under CEC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

For work permit extensions,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/hire-extend.asp

For the LMO, which you need before you can apply for an extension -
"Employers must submit an Application for a Labour Market Opinion to the Service Canada Centre responsible for processing the foreign worker requests in their area. The application will be assessed using existing program criteria. In cases where the employer is making a permanent job offer to employees who have completed the PGWPP for employment in a skilled occupation (within National Occupational Classification 0, A and B codes only), the employer will not be required to demonstrate recruitment efforts. It is recommended that the employer submit the application for an LMO approximately four months before the expiry of the Post-Graduation Work Permit."

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/intstugrad.shtml

kuldeep214

Oct 30, 2010
but can u pls suggest me under which category should i apply for PR (means which category best suits my case) bcoz i want to file pr as soon as possible. so plss help me.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
kuldeep214 said:
Hiii,

pls help me............
your inbox is full
so i am posting it here

Hi jassi..
I am on a pgwp here in toronto till sep 15 2011 aftr my one year post grad certificate course in International business mgmt. Now I m getting the permanent job offer letter as a restaurant manager (indian restaurant) and i can also show the 15 mnths of experience as a restaurant manager of india. plssss tell me that

1. m i eligible for pr under skilled class. how much are the chances if i m eligible.(I HAVE LITTLE IDEA CHECK FROM NOC LIST
2. what i have to show for evidence for experience back in india.( SALARY SLIPS FOR EACH SINGLE MONTH, WORK EXP CERTIFICATE WITH JOB DUTIES,REF. LETTERS FROM FELLOW WORKERS AS WELL BOSS/ MANAGER , IF POSSIBLE PHOTO GRAPHS DURING WORK)
3. do i need the lmo before applying the pr.NO IDEA
4. pls give me some important tips for applying the pr. BE HONEST IN WHATEVER DOCUMENT YOU WILL SEND, PRESENT THEM WELL TAKE ADVICE OF AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN
5. may i hv to give ielts test again bcoz i still left with 4 mnths of expiration of my first academic ielts with 6.5 band in every section if i have hv to give it again , how much band do i need, n do i have to give ielts before application. YOU HAVE TO HAVE GIVE IELTS BEFORE YOU CAN APLLY, GIVE GENERAL TEST TRY TO GET AT LEAST 7 IN S,7 IN W, 7.5 IN LI, 7.5 IN REaD TO AVOID INTERVIEW
6. please tell me the process stepwise as i m very tense.......I AM NOT THE BEST PERSON TO ANSWER THAT ,BUT I CAN RECOMMEND FEW FROM THE FORUM LIKE NAAVY, DESTINATIONBC,QORAX

jagga

Feb 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
10 June 2014
Med's Request
2 feb 2016- remedical
Med's Done....
5 feb 2016-remedical
Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
u can also check with pnp Saskatchewan..... :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuldeep214 said:
but can u pls suggest me under which category should i apply for PR (means which category best suits my case) bcoz i want to file pr as soon as possible. so plss help me.
Your inbox is full so I post this here:

As a new member of the forum, your inbox will only hold about 2 messages until it is full so if it becomes full, nobody can reply to you.

You said you are in Ontario? Under the Ontario PNP, you may qualify for the international student category, see http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS.html or the general category, see http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPGENERAL.html
You should read this carefully because there may be conditions in there regarding length of studies or study program relevant to job offer or a quota or something else that may disqualify you from the student program. I believe the general program has a quota for number of allowed applications per year. Once you have studied the website for requirements and eligibility and still have questions, you can use the contact page at http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPCONTACT.html to contact the PNP and ask about requirements, processing times etc.

The way a PNP works is that they pre-approve you for immigration. After you get their approval, you may apply for PR, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp

Other options for you are FSW with a job offer or CEC after 2 years. As CEC requires 2 years work or 2 yrs. studies + 1 year work and since your PGWP only has 5.5 months left on it, you would have to get an LMO to get a regular work permit to complete the next 1.5 years for CEC. I do not know how likely it is that a restaurant manager can get an LMO. I have no idea if there is a shortage of that profession in ON. Same with FSW, applying with a job offer while working means your work permit needs to be valid throughout your processing which means that if your processing isn't completed while your PG work permit is still valid, you will have to apply for an LMO to get a regular work permit and if you don't get one, I do not know what happens with your application.

PNP has the advantage that once you are approved as a PNP nominee, you do not need an LMO to get a work permit.

kuldeep214

Oct 30, 2010
thanksss a lottt 4 d replyy
buttt do i need to apply for the work permit extension before applying for fsw pr or i can apply the fsw pr with my pgwp which is expiring on 15th sep and later i will aply for work permit extension.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kuldeep214 said:
thanksss a lottt 4 d replyy
buttt do i need to apply for the work permit extension before applying for fsw pr

no

or i can apply the fsw pr with my pgwp which is expiring on 15th sep and later i will aply for work permit extension.

yes