+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal processing time after receiving RQ

Fabi@Otown

Sep 10, 2016
Hi, I am renewing my PR card for the first time and im finding the process very frustrating. For the past 5 years i have been working for a Canadian publicly traded company abroad. I have paid all my taxes in Canada. During that time i bought a house in Canada, sold it, visited canada twice a year and never worried about the renewal process because i was working for a Canadian company abroad, one of the exceptions. I submitted my application in Feb9 and sent documents from abroad. It was opened for review March 22. I moved back to Canada in May to start my new job with a Canadian Crown Corporation. PR expired May 20th. On May 22 i received RQ. I submitted ALL documents required. It is not Sept 10 and i have heard my application is at the local office (whatever that means), reason for delay in review. My job requires me to travel and i can't effectively comply with my duties without the PR card. Can anyone who has worked for a Canadian company abroad for most of the 5 years requirement provide any guidance on PR renewal process, if you also received an RQ and how long after that did you receive further communication from CIC or your PR card. I am very frustrated and can't warp around my head the slowness and inefficiency of this process. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post your question to the PR Residency Obligation section of the forum.