+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Photo Rejected - softlander - What's next?

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Dear PR holders in US,
I'm a FSW, Outland applicant with CoPR. I did my soft landing a couple of months ago in Ontario and returned to Florida for my work after staying 3 weeks in Canada.

I received an email stating that my photo was rejected and I needed to mail in a new set of photos within 180 days to Case Processing Centre: in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Keep in mind.. this is the same photo I submitted for my PR visa & CoPR!! So I don't really understand why it was accepted for PR Visa & CoPR if it would be rejected for the PR Card, there's no explanation in the letter on what aspect of the photo wasn't compliant. I am a bit confused honestly... My PR card was planned to be delivered to a friend's house.

- Is it possible to mail the new PR photo from the US to Nova Scotia? or would an international parcel raise a concern with IRCC that I am currently outland?
- Aside from that, the photo itself, does it have to be dated? Or a stamp of the Photographer's address is enough?

Thank you

Last edited:

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Dear PR holders in US,
I'm a FSW, Outland applicant with CoPR. I did my soft landing a couple of months ago in Ontario and returned to Florida for my work after staying 3 weeks in Canada.

I received an email stating that my photo was rejected and I needed to mail in a new set of photos within 180 days to Case Processing Centre: in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Keep in mind.. this is the same photo I submitted for my PR visa & CoPR!! So I don't really understand why it was accepted for PR Visa & CoPR if it would be rejected for the PR Card, there's no explanation in the letter on what aspect of the photo wasn't compliant. I am a bit confused honestly... My PR card was planned to be delivered to a friend's house.

- Is it possible to mail the new PR photo from the US to Nova Scotia? or would an international parcel raise a concern with IRCC that I am currently outland?
- Aside from that, the photo itself, does it have to be dated? Or a stamp of the Photographer's address is enough?

Thank you

Hi @Canadream2017

have you got any update on your PR card. I hope you would have received the card by now :)

If so could you please share the package received date by IRCC and the card received timeline.

it will be helpful. thankss

Rohitt_Sharma

Jan 10, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
15-02-2018
I faced a similar challenge when I landed as well. I think one reason why they do so is to kind of cross verify If you;re actually in the country and willing to stay. Hence I'd not recommend you mailing the photo. The photo would also have the stamp of the studio at the back. Pretty sure they'd be expecting a stamp of the local booth than one is the US.