+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR or Visa???

mystical eyes

Jul 19, 2009
Hi all,

I needed suggestion or help for a friend of mine, and will really appreciate any advice. Here is his situation.

He is a victim of dream act, moved to states at a very young age and was hopeful that the dream act would come through soon, but even under Obama's administration, it doesn't seem to be happening. My friend is pretty qualified with double Masters degrees in mental health. He was wondering if there was anyway, he could immigrate to Canada (on Visa or by applying for PR) and fix his situation.

Thanks in advance!

manola

Jul 19, 2009
I needed suggestion or help for a friend of mine, and will really appreciate any advice.
sonnerie portable mp3 - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet unpouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Êtes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
who is mystical eyes and who is manola.

there are many ways to get PR for canada but each has a requirement. www.cic.gc.ca is the best place to check further.

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
yeah its better you check your friend's suitability for Canadian PR on CIC website. If he meet the requirements then he can certainly move.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the dream act? If you mean to say that he's illegal in the US, it's very unlikely that he would get a temporary visa for Canada. Even though he wasn't responsible for being brought there as a kid, as soon as he's 18, he is the one who made the decision to stay.

He can immigrate though. Look for a way for him to apply for PR directly at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp