PR of Australia applying for PR canada

Bob2008

Mar 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend of mine became a permanent resident of Australia recently. Landed but he is not currently living in Australia. He has an ongoing PR FSW application for Canada. Is it going to be a problem for him if CIC is aware he just obtained PR for Australia, as they might think he is not serious about settling in Canada and refuse his visa? He has not been requested to update his docs yet, therefore CIC unaware.
He applied and got PR Auss. when his application for Canada was taking a long time.
Please advise.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many people apply for PR of Canada while in the process of applying for a US green card. Many of them are openly doing it as a backup and Canada immigration doesn't seem to have a problem with that. At the very most, they might ask him if he is still interested in the Canadian PR, if he says yes, that should be it.

If he gets the Canadian PR, he needs to be in Canada 730 days in each 5 year period to keep it. I don't know the rules for the Australia PR but if they are also fairly roomy, it makes sense to me that he try both countries and see which he likes better or where his opportunities are better.