+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for spouse

vasy

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Hi
My close friend has an issue with PR. She came as a student to Canada for a two year program and after her 3rd semester she got married and since she had only one semester left she finished her studies and then wanted to apply for husband work permit once she got her after she finished her 4th semester(that is the end of her student visa) . unfortunately Soon after her studies she found that even after having the open work permit she gets, she has to have a full time job to apply for her spouse. So she found a job after six months after getting her open work permit. She had some issues at the new where they said they give job offer letter once she done her probation period, anyway long story short she got her letter as soon as she finished her probation period. But still this was a temporary position (she is covering for someone’s maternity leave) which her agent said won’t work for applying for her husband open work permit, but advised her to apply for visitor visa. So she applied same from India. In the meanwhile this guy got his biometrics done recently, still didn’t get his visitor visa. Waiting for visitor visa. Now this guy is creating some personal problems for her and she wants to separate from him ( some personal issues which I can’t discuss) now she wants to know
1)If she can apply for her permanent residency without applying for him(she doesn’t even want to tell him that she is applying)
2)Can she stop his visitor visa from further processing as she is supporting for his TRV

I’m writing this post on behalf of her as she is so depressed and doesn’t know how to further proceed. Any advise and suggestions would be helpful. TIA.