+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for family

Knowledge39

Sep 27, 2007
Hi,

Can some one please advice me:

Once I have got my PR, how long does it take to apply PR for parents?

Do I have to stay in Canada to be able to apply PR for my parents?

Is there a chance they might be rejected to get PR? My father has diabetes and high blood pressure.

Thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Knowledge39 said:
Hi,

Can some one please advice me:

Once I have got my PR, how long does it take to apply PR for parents?

Do I have to stay in Canada to be able to apply PR for my parents?

Is there a chance they might be rejected to get PR? My father has diabetes and high blood pressure.

Thanks in advance
1. You have to be able to demonstrate that you have earned the Low Income Cut Off figure from Canadian sources in the year prior to submitting the application.
2. The processing time in Mississauga is presently 25 months, plus the overseas processing http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/08-fc-parents.asp
3. Yes you have to reside in Canada to sponsor your parents.
4. If you parents have a condition/disease that is contagious or will cause excessive demands on medical services, then they will be refused.

PMM

Knowledge39

Sep 27, 2007
Thanks PMM

Is there any data or statistics on how many parents have been refused PR based on medical conditions and what kind of medical conditions?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Knowledge39 said:
Thanks PMM

Is there any data or statistics on how many parents have been refused PR based on medical conditions and what kind of medical conditions?
Not published by CIC, but it is maybe around base on Access to Information request, otherwise you would have to make an ATI request to CIC and DEFAIT, and to gather the computer information would probably be expensive. You would phrase your question along the line
"Number of refusals of applications submitted for parents/Grandparents FC4 where applications were refused based where meddec is failed by year." xxxx-xxxx Once you submit your request, they will come back with an estimate of the cost.

PMM