+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Expired + PRTD Rejected when I was a minor

leeskay6

Jul 8, 2024
Hello,

I am trying to decide on the next best course of action for me to move to Canada permanently - hope to find some answers on this forum!

My parents and I immigrated to Canada in 2002 and left Canada in 2005 - I was a minor at the time.

Fast forward to 2010, our PR cards expired, and my parents decided it would be a good idea for me to pursue higher education in Canada. They attempted to apply for a PRTD on H&C grounds, but it was rejected because we did not meet the residency obligation. I was still a minor when the PRTD was rejected.
Having 90 days to appeal the decision, my parents decided not to appeal.
Now, based on my understanding our PR status was likely revoked because my parents did not appeal this decision - but is there a way I can check my current status in Canada and be sure, since I was a minor back then?

I plan to move to Canada permanently this time by applying through Express Entry, but I'm afraid my old PR status will get in the way.

Should I go ahead and make my EE profile?

Appreciate any advice/thoughts? Many Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am trying to decide on the next best course of action for me to move to Canada permanently - hope to find some answers on this forum!

My parents and I immigrated to Canada in 2002 and left Canada in 2005 - I was a minor at the time.

Fast forward to 2010, our PR cards expired, and my parents decided it would be a good idea for me to pursue higher education in Canada. They attempted to apply for a PRTD on H&C grounds, but it was rejected because we did not meet the residency obligation. I was still a minor when the PRTD was rejected.
Having 90 days to appeal the decision, my parents decided not to appeal.
Now, based on my understanding our PR status was likely revoked because my parents did not appeal this decision - but is there a way I can check my current status in Canada and be sure, since I was a minor back then?

I plan to move to Canada permanently this time by applying through Express Entry, but I'm afraid my old PR status will get in the way.

Should I go ahead and make my EE profile?

Appreciate any advice/thoughts? Many Thanks!
You posted this question earlier this week and received a response.

Reactions: CanGoldDigger