+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation while outside canada

Mario88

Nov 7, 2021
Greetings, I applied for PR last year through Ontario provincial nomination Ph.D. stream. I received a PR confirmation email recently, however, I am currently outside of Canada and I have no entry visa, what would be the next step in this situation? Currently, I do hold a valid work permit. In particular, my two questions are: 1) They sent me a confirmation portal email asking me general questions and whether I’m inside or outside Canada and if outside Canada when is expected return date? I will have to reply that I’m outside Canada, but does it affect my application? Should I plan to go back to Canada very soon or it's ok to indicate that I'll be back something like 2 months before expiry of medicals? 2) With the virtual landing process, it seems I need to be in Canada, what would be the alternative? Can I get a PR visa for one-time entry similar to Express Entry process?

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Greetings, I applied for PR last year through Ontario provincial nomination Ph.D. stream. I received a PR confirmation email recently, however, I am currently outside of Canada and I have no entry visa, what would be the next step in this situation? Currently, I do hold a valid work permit. In particular, my two questions are: 1) They sent me a confirmation portal email asking me general questions and whether I’m inside or outside Canada and if outside Canada when is expected return date? I will have to reply that I’m outside Canada, but does it affect my application? Should I plan to go back to Canada very soon or it's ok to indicate that I'll be back something like 2 months before expiry of medicals? 2) With the virtual landing process, it seems I need to be in Canada, what would be the alternative? Can I get a PR visa for one-time entry similar to Express Entry process?
hi pls what did you do. I am in similar situation

Mario88

Nov 7, 2021
Everything went well. Last February I was emailed with a letter to be printed out and taken to the nearest visa office, then the immigration visa and necessary documents will be provided with an expiry date similar to that of the medical report, you are expected to do the physical landing before that date.