+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card

KellyRogers

Mar 3, 2021
I landed in Canada May 2022 with with COPR. Due to unforeseen medical circumstances back home, I had to depart the country shortly after landing. I’ve now got a PRTD issued for me to renter Canada, which I plan on using next month.

I never received my first PR card to the address I gave the immigration officer when landing, I’m assuming this was because I’d left the country and they must have known. When I land again into Canada next month, I will reapply for a new card.

The biggest issue I have is that Service Canada require an in date (within a year of landing) COPR or a valid PR card to issue a SIN. With my COPR now invalid and my PR card not yet received, I’ve no way of working until I get my PR card.

Does anyone know how long a PR card can take when I never received my first? Does anyone know why the first wouldn’t have arrive and if it was in fact to do with the fact I left the country?

I am nervous to just sit and wait in Canada for an elusive card just to be able to start life! I have a job transfer that wants me to start working on July 15th but that looks like it’s going to need to be pushed back.