+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card was returned to IRCC as undeliverable

Weibar

Jul 19, 2024
I received an email titled "Your Permanent Resident card was returned to IRCC as undeliverable" one month after I submitted my PR card renewal application. The content of the email is as follows:
IRCC recently tried to send you your Permanent Resident (PR) card.
Canada Post was not able to deliver the PR card to the address IRCC has on record for the above UCI ending with ***. It is possible that the address on record is incomplete or incorrect.
IRCC would love to resend your PR card as quickly as possible!
Then, I followed the instruction in the email to update my mailing address. However, one month later, I received another email the exact same as this one. I then submitted my mailing address again. I'm not sure if I should send IRCC a solemn declaration. Has anyone encountered this situation before? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
I received an email titled "Your Permanent Resident card was returned to IRCC as undeliverable" one month after I submitted my PR card renewal application. The content of the email is as follows:

Then, I followed the instruction in the email to update my mailing address. However, one month later, I received another email the exact same as this one. I then submitted my mailing address again. I'm not sure if I should send IRCC a solemn declaration. Has anyone encountered this situation before? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Are you using a residential address, ie a house or apartment/condo? As far as I remember, you must use your residential address - PO Boxes etc are not acceptable.

Weibar

Jul 19, 2024
Are you using a residential address, ie a house or apartment/condo? As far as I remember, you must use your residential address - PO Boxes etc are not acceptable.
Yes, I used my residential address (condo) and have been regularly receiving mails for over 2 years, including a postcard from Spain, which arrived after about a month. :p
The email also states the following:
Sending us your Canadian address is a simple 2-step process:
1) Click on the link “I’m ready to enter a Canadian address” below; and
2) Provide the required information regarding UCI ending with ***
You should receive your PR card at this Canadian address within 30 business days.
Note: If you sent IRCC your address in the last 5 business days, please disregard this message.
It has been 28 business days since I got this email on Aug 5 the first time.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
My first PR card was returned to IRCC with same reason. However I never received such email and came to know when I called IRCC to know the status. In my case, I just asked IRCC to re send my PR card to new address which I asked them to update on call.