+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Honest Mistake

Sep 5, 2024
I applied to renew my PR card on 12 July 2024. After submitting the application, I got a notice asking for the photograph to be resubmitted based on the image quality. I resubmitted with another photograph. After resubmission, I realized I made an honest mistake in one of my residential addresses - specifically my current residential address.

When resubmitting, I thought that I had to adjust the rolling 5 year period for which to provide the address history, work history and travel history from the date of resubmission. When trying to adjust the dates, I realized one of the boxes pertaining to either work, travel or address history were "greyed out" - making it impossible to change. I changed everything back to reflect the original date of submission (12 July 2024) as the date from which to count backwards for the rolling period. After resubmission, I realized I accidentally made a mistake on my current residential address. I entered the "to" date as 10 July 2024.

Factually, I had been at my current address on 10 July 2024. My first application contained the "to" date for my current residential address as 12 July 2024. To date, I am still at this address. I called and spoke to an agent and explained to them the date entry confusion I experienced due to the resubmission and the honest mistake that happened. Some information that I recall from the call was:

1. They said they did not think I made a mistake since they just asked for a new photograph, and that I should wait for the PR card in the mail.
2. If they need more information, they would send a request for more supporting documents.
3. They asked me if the portal allowed a space to upload supporting documents to which I replied no, since the portal just said "submitted" and still does as of today (2024-09-05).
4. They then asked me to write up everything I told them regarding the honest mistake and the context and then once I received an acknowledgement of request to send them that letter.
5. They said that the office would be processing my PR card soon.

As of today, I have received my renewed PR card. The application portal still shows "submitted" and I did not receive an acknowledgement of receipt.

I would like some general guidance on how to resolve the issue of the "to" date on the address history - given that I have now received my PR card and that I still have no Acknowledgement of Receipt. Can I use the webform and specify this is for a completed application and provide my UCI number?

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
If you have received your PR card, I don't see the need to correct this mistake. For online applications, it seems an AOR is seldom issued and the "Submitted" status never changes.

If I were you, I would just leave it be.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you have received your PR card, I don't see the need to correct this mistake. For online applications, it seems an AOR is seldom issued and the "Submitted" status never changes.

If I were you, I would just leave it be.
Totally agree with this. I read this question when it was first posted and honestly found it a bit hard to follow. However if the PR card has already been issued, there's nothing to fix that's worthwhile pursuing.

Reactions: armoured

rblc

Mar 14, 2018
Is anyone able to answer this question?
I felt I had made a mistake in the address history section of my application. Raised a webform on the next day explaining everything as an honest mistake. Received no response till 2 days before my card was received. They basically said that it is not necessary to update your information if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC, and since a final decision was already made on the application, the information I provided will not be added to your file. They did mention to include this information when I submit a new application though. As they informed me that my card was already mailed out, I let it be. Of course, your circumstances might be different, but just thought I would share my experience if it helps.

Reactions: scylla