+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renew

Jan 3, 2013
My PR card will expire in Dec 2015. When can I start apply to renew my card?

Do i have to wait until Dec 2015? or can I apply earlier than that day?

How long does it take from the date i submit my application to the day i reveice my new card?

My corcern is I am leaving canada in Mar 2013. but i have to return to canada for another 4 months in order to meet the two years residence requirement later.

Please advice. Thanks so so much!

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok if it is,expiring,on dec. 2015. Make,sure you have your 730 days,completed n u can apply one yr. Before expiry. The time line for processing of renewal varies. Right now its around 88 calender days. Last I checked was a week ago. So before applying you can check the processing time on cic. Website. But make sure,apply after 730 days. Even better if you can apply after 750 or 760 days. Just,to be on the safe side.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To add to farid's post you also need to make sure you have conclusive proof of your physical presence in Canada. It appears that CIC are placing significant emphasis on Notices of Tax Assessments from CRA on the basis that the best evidence of presence in Canada is employment 'in Canada'. The nature of the job depends too - I call it the 'bus driver' test - is your job such that it requires your physical attendance X days per week in Canada?

Good luck and keep those records...you may need them.

tass786

Jan 25, 2013
Hi,

My mother becme permanenet resident for the first time in NOv 2002 but didn't stayed for 1095 days. Her PR card was renewed in April 2008, after which she left Canada due to family reasons. She not return on Jan 20th, 2013 to renew the card for 2nd time. In the past 5 years she only lived in Canada for 98 days. What should I do to renew her card 2nd time becuse she didn't meet the 1095 requirement... Please help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tass786 said:
Hi,

My mother becme permanenet resident for the first time in NOv 2002 but didn't stayed for 1095 days. Her PR card was renewed in April 2008, after which she left Canada due to family reasons. She not return on Jan 20th, 2013 to renew the card for 2nd time. In the past 5 years she only lived in Canada for 98 days. What should I do to renew her card 2nd time becuse she didn't meet the 1095 requirement... Please help.
So she is back in Canada now and wants to renew her card? Applying to renew her card with less than 730 days in Canada in the past 5 years is not a good idea. She can overcome this if she stays for a full 2 years now and lets her PR card expire. At the end of the 2 years, she can apply to renew her PR card based on meeting the residency requirements.

delray

Jan 21, 2013
Msafiri said:
To add to farid's post you also need to make sure you have conclusive proof of your physical presence in Canada. It appears that CIC are placing significant emphasis on Notices of Tax Assessments from CRA on the basis that the best evidence of presence in Canada is employment 'in Canada'. The nature of the job depends too - I call it the 'bus driver' test - is your job such that it requires your physical attendance X days per week in Canada?

Good luck and keep those records...you may need them.

I have tax assessments but am 63 and retired, could this present a problem? I've been volunteering as an ESL teacher and at disabled home, can I include these references in employment history?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delray said:
I have tax assessments but am 63 and retired, could this present a problem? I've been volunteering as an ESL teacher and at disabled home, can I include these references in employment history?
Yes, definitely get a letter from them stating that you have been coming in x times a week for the period date 1 to date 2 because that proves that you were in Canada at the very least on those days.

delray

Jan 21, 2013
Leon said:
Yes, definitely get a letter from them stating that you have been coming in x times a week for the period date 1 to date 2 because that proves that you were in Canada at the very least on those days.
Should these be sent in with initial application, can volunteer work be written under employment history.
Should all proof, letters statements, be sent in with initial application or only when asked

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delray said:
Should these be sent in with initial application, can volunteer work be written under employment history.
Should all proof, letters statements, be sent in with initial application or only when asked
You can list volunteer work under employment history. If I was applying today, I would send everything in one package when applying because if they decide that they want to see more proof of your living in Canada, it will really delay your application.

delray

Jan 21, 2013
Leon said:
You can list volunteer work under employment history. If I was applying today, I would send everything in one package when applying because if they decide that they want to see more proof of your living in Canada, it will really delay your application.
So all proof including bank statements travel history border history proof etc should be sent in with application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delray said:
So all proof including bank statements travel history border history proof etc should be sent in with application?
I would do it :)