+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card not received - solemn declaration

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been facing some issues in obtaining my PR card, and I'm quite frustrated by CIC's lack of communication and the general uselessness of their agents.

In short, my PR card never showed up at my nominated address in Canada. After submitting multiple CSEs, I finally learned that the card was actually issued in mid-September, and I was advised that I would need to fill in a solemn declaration if it hadn't arrived after 6 weeks.

Obviously, that was the case and I submitted the solemn declaration as instructed.

What isn't clear to me is whether or not the solemn declaration will automatically trigger a new PR card, or whether I must apply separately for it.

I sent a CSE about this question as well, but honestly, the answer was completely useless (like many I had received before).

Has anyone been in the same situation? Did you receive the PR card just by submitting the solemn declaration?

PS: I'm currently overseas, so am unable to give CIC a call.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Seems to be all they are asking for here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard-lost.asp

If you have emails to them asking for more info, maybe print and attach them too as evidence?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Seems to be all they are asking for here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard-lost.asp

If you have emails to them asking for more info, maybe print and attach them too as evidence?
Thanks for your reply.

I have of course seen this page, but it still isn't clear to me that whether it is sufficient to trigger a re-issue of the PR card.

This sentence especially is confusing:
Possessed a Permanent Resident Card that was lost, stolen or destroyed but you do not wish to reapply for a new card immediately. You can obtain a PR Card application kit from this site.

I'm just concerned because I submitted this declaration at the end of October and have not heard anything since. Very frustrating.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Dexmoody said:
Thanks for your reply.

I have of course seen this page, but it still isn't clear to me that whether it is sufficient to trigger a re-issue of the PR card.

This sentence especially is confusing:
Possessed a Permanent Resident Card that was lost, stolen or destroyed but you do not wish to reapply for a new card immediately. You can obtain a PR Card application kit from this site.

I'm just concerned because I submitted this declaration at the end of October and have not heard anything since. Very frustrating.
that one won't apply to you as it's for someone that has already physically had the card, which you haven't. Send them another request with any backup info that you have tried to get it and that you've already asked again for it.

I hate to sound obvious, but does your friends Canadian address have a mailbox? I know post that sits there for more than a week gets returned to sender. If it needs a signature the friend may need to go to the counter and ask for it directly.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
that one won't apply to you as it's for someone that has already physically had the card, which you haven't. Send them another request with any backup info that you have tried to get it and that you've already asked again for it.

I hate to sound obvious, but does your friends Canadian address have a mailbox? I know post that sits there for more than a week gets returned to sender. If it needs a signature the friend may need to go to the counter and ask for it directly.
Yes, true. I understand it doesn't apply in my situation, but it seems weird that the re-issue would be triggered in some situations and not in others. In general, I don't have a lot of confidence in their processes following this ordeal, which is why I am interested in first-hand experience by someone who has done this before.

Sure, I can try sending yet another CSE. The problem is that they never give you a definitive answer, but always reply with motherhood-style text building blocks. For example, I asked them if sending this solemn declaration was sufficient. The response was that if I hadn't received my PR card with 6 weeks, I would have to fill in a solemn declaration. No kidding - I already knew that.

In regards to my postal address, the mail box is monitored daily and the PR card definitely didn't arrive. I am 100% certain of it.

Pradhi_07

Star Member
Jul 4, 2022
Hi Guys - Has anyone applied for solemn declaration for the PR card which was never received? If yes, Can you please share your timelines?