+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card cancelled after 9 months of pr approval

Tooba too

Sep 18, 2024
Hi! I came to Canada few months before my pr was expiring.. I started living here with my family and after 8 months I applied for my PR renewal. I got the PR renewal in 2 months and now after 9 months I receive an email stating that they issued my card due to an error and my pr card has beeen cancelled and I should I send it back.. has this happened with anyone? I’m just shocked beyond measure.. the grounds I gave were very valid as to why I couldn’t fulfill my RO but I showed them the intention to live and they approved and now after so many months they want to cancel my pr. what happens in this case please help!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi! I came to Canada few months before my pr was expiring.. I started living here with my family and after 8 months I applied for my PR renewal. I got the PR renewal in 2 months and now after 9 months I receive an email stating that they issued my card due to an error and my pr card has beeen cancelled and I should I send it back.. has this happened with anyone? I’m just shocked beyond measure.. the grounds I gave were very valid as to why I couldn’t fulfill my RO but I showed them the intention to live and they approved and now after so many months they want to cancel my pr. what happens in this case please help!
Lawyer up and appeal.