+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Cancelled and Reapplied - BOWP still processing - still valid?

Spankysalad

Jan 8, 2021
Hi,

I am in Canada with a valid open work permit, which expires January 31 2021. I submitted PR application September 15th 2020 and application for bridging open work permit 9th October. My PR application was cancelled by IRCC in October 29, 2020 due to being incomplete (I submitted the wrong ECA, appealed but no luck - my bad). I received new ITA in November and I submitted a new PR application yesterday. My bridging open work permit application status still says it's in process. I understand that if PR is cancelled, the bridging permit will also be cancelled but this has not happened yet.

My questions

- Since I have submitted a new PR application before the bridging permit had been cancelled, will this bridging application still be valid? Or do I need to submit a new bridging open work permit application? The AOR that I would have submitted as part of the bridging permit would now no longer be valid, but can IRCC see on my account that i've submitted a new PR application?

- I cant see anywhere on the CIC account to withdraw an application. If I have two open work permit applications at the same time (1 for the cancelled PR and 1 for the new PR application), will I risk having the new one cancelled for duplication?

Appreciate any advice!