+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application refused - I have no idea why

gutoarraes

Jun 9, 2019
Hi, today I received the letter of refusal for my PR application and it stated the following:

Your application is rejected for being incomplete. Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Education Credentials:
o A copy of your completed Canadian credential for **My wife's name** was not included with your electronic application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

My wife does not have a Canadian degree and I never said she had (doubled checked EE profile). In the application I've included the WES equivalency, diploma, education history and both translations. I have no idea whether to apply again since I wouldn't change anything. Requesting the notes from the evaluator can take up to 30 days, and my visa expires in 3 weeks.

I have more than enough points on EE, but if there is no draw on Christmas day then I'm basically kicked out of the country. Do you have any suggestions?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, today I received the letter of refusal for my PR application and it stated the following:
First things first. "Refused" and "rejected" are different things. You were not "refused", your application was rejected as incomplete - it was never put into processing. The difference is, when you are asked if you have ever been refused a visa, you can say no (at least for this case).

Your application is rejected for being incomplete. Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Education Credentials:
o A copy of your completed Canadian credential for **My wife's name** was not included with your electronic application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

My wife does not have a Canadian degree and I never said she had (doubled checked EE profile). In the application I've included the WES equivalency, diploma, education history and both translations. I have no idea whether to apply again since I wouldn't change anything. Requesting the notes from the evaluator can take up to 30 days, and my visa expires in 3 weeks.

I have more than enough points on EE, but if there is no draw on Christmas day then I'm basically kicked out of the country. Do you have any suggestions?

Last year, there were 2 draws in December - 12th and 18th. There are no guarantees that they will do the same again, but I would expect another December draw.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

Usually it is easier and faster to just create a new profile, wait for a draw and re-submit.

In your case, since it seems the rejection was based on an error, you can try requesting that your file be re-opened. You can do both...

BTW - since you mentioned your expiring "visa" - can we assume you mean a work permit? If you have a work permit, do you plan on applying for a Bridging Open Work Permit? (Merely applying for PR does not give you any status in Canada).

Reactions: gutoarraes

gutoarraes

Jun 9, 2019
Thank you for your answers.

In your case, since it seems the rejection was based on an error, you can try requesting that your file be re-opened. You can do both...
How can I reach out to IRCC to ask them to reopen my file? I sent them a message via the IRCC Web form: Contact us online
already to further inquire on the reason for the rejection. I really don't want to spend $2000 more to apply again, these expenditures never end, it's really demotivating following all the correct steps sometimes...Is it possible to apply again, and in case my first profile is reactivated, to be reimbursed?

BTW - since you mentioned your expiring "visa" - can we assume you mean a work permit? If you have a work permit, do you plan on applying for a Bridging Open Work Permit? (Merely applying for PR does not give you any status in Canada).
I already applied for the Bridging Work Permit. Do you know If I will have to apply again, since I'm theoretically ineligible at this moment?

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018

How can I reach out to IRCC to ask them to reopen my file? I sent them a message via the IRCC Web form: Contact us online
already to further inquire on the reason for the rejection. I really don't want to spend $2000 more to apply again, these expenditures never end, it's really demotivating following all the correct steps sometimes...Is it possible to apply again, and in case my first profile is reactivated, to be reimbursed?

I already applied for the Bridging Work Permit. Do you know If I will have to apply again, since I'm theoretically ineligible at this moment?

Your application was not refused, it was just rejected as incomplete. Therefore they will refund the amount that you paid 100%. It happened to me few months ago, our application was incomplete due to a missing document and they refunded everything after 2 weeks.

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

already to further inquire on the reason for the rejection.

They already told you the reason for the rejection, they will probably not respond to that inquiry.

You need to send another inquiry (unless this was part of the first inquiry) explaining that a mistake was made in rejecting the application...

I really don't want to spend $2000 more to apply again, these expenditures never end, it's really demotivating following all the correct steps sometimes...Is it possible to apply again, and in case my first profile is reactivated, to be reimbursed?

As already noted, your fees will be returned to you for a rejected application.

Yes, if your eAPR is rejected as incomplete, so will the BOWP.