+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application query

Jun 24, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm Gunjan Chauhan, 26 years old, with nearly 3 years of experience in interior design from India. I recently completed a post-graduate program in UI/UX design and am currently working full-time in Ontario, Canada. My study permit ended in December 2023, and I received a one-year work permit valid from February 2, 2024, to February 2025. I started my job in March 2024.

I've completed my WES evaluation and English exam, and I'm preparing to apply for Permanent Residency (PR). I know that I'm eligible for the Ontario Nominee Program (ONP) and my field of study and work experience fall under the STEM category. Since hiring a PR firm is quite expensive, I'm planning to handle the application process myself but need some guidance.

Here are my key questions:

1. What are the possible PR pathways available to me? Given my background, I'm particularly interested in understanding how I might fit into the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) and any other relevant pathways. Is OINP application is different from Express entry?
  2. Can I continue working in Canada while my PR application is being processed? I want to ensure that I can keep my job while awaiting the outcome.
  3. Am I eligible for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)? My work permit is expiring exactly 12 months from its start date. Will this impact my eligibility for the CEC? My total hours are coming as 1650 after calculation as I work 40rhs per week.
Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I'm Gunjan Chauhan, 26 years old, with nearly 3 years of experience in interior design from India. I recently completed a post-graduate program in UI/UX design and am currently working full-time in Ontario, Canada. My study permit ended in December 2023, and I received a one-year work permit valid from February 2, 2024, to February 2025. I started my job in March 2024.

I've completed my WES evaluation and English exam, and I'm preparing to apply for Permanent Residency (PR). I know that I'm eligible for the Ontario Nominee Program (ONP) and my field of study and work experience fall under the STEM category. Since hiring a PR firm is quite expensive, I'm planning to handle the application process myself but need some guidance.

Here are my key questions:

1. What are the possible PR pathways available to me? Given my background, I'm particularly interested in understanding how I might fit into the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) and any other relevant pathways. Is OINP application is different from Express entry?
  2. Can I continue working in Canada while my PR application is being processed? I want to ensure that I can keep my job while awaiting the outcome.
  3. Am I eligible for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)? My work permit is expiring exactly 12 months from its start date. Will this impact my eligibility for the CEC? My total hours are coming as 1650 after calculation as I work 40rhs per week.
Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
1. It will depend on how many points you have and other factors. If you want to go through the process yourself without paying a lawyer, then you will need to dedicate some time to researching programs yourself.
2. It depends on how soon you can get ITA or receive a provincial nomination. Or whether your lawyer is willing to do an LMIA.
3. You must have 52 separate weeks where you have worked 30 hours or more. It is not enough just to have the hours.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is your CRS score?
1. EE if score is well over 500. Research OINP.
2. If receive ITA, apply for PR and get AOR then you can apply for PNP.
3. You need a year/52 weeks of skilled work experience to be eligible for CEC.