+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application from Canada (Inland) PCC query

rushi209

Dec 4, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have a two part query as below

Apply PCC from Canada -> Get ITA -> Travel to India and come back -> Submit PR documents along with PCC. Timeline below:-
  1. I apply for PCC from Canada on Dec 2
  2. I get an ITA on Dec 4. I accept it but don't submit the documents
  3. I travel to India on Dec 9 and come back to Canada on Jan 16
  4. I get PCC that was applied on Dec 2 in Canada and then submit the documents for PR application (apply from Canada)
-- OR --

Get ITA -> Travel to India and apply for PCC from India -> Come back to Canada -> Submit PR documents along with PCC. Timeline below:-
  1. I get an ITA on Dec 4. I accept it but don't submit the documents
  2. I travel to India on Dec 9 and apply for PCC their at the PSK office and get the PCC issued from India
  3. I come back to Canada on Jan 16
  4. Then submit the documents along with the PCC obtained from India in my PR application (apply from Canada)
Are both these a valid cases where PCC remains valid or this is not a correct approach?

Thanks a lot in advance!

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your PCC from India should be dated after your last visit to the country. Eg: if you are leaving India on Jan 15 then the issuance date on Indian PCC
should be after Jan 15 otherwise the application will get rejected. And your PCC from Canada should be within the last six months until you receive AOR.

Reactions: tvich

rushi209

Dec 4, 2022
Thanks for the response @gagan.196

Do you know which date is applied to pcc? Is it the application date or the issue date or something in between when the verification is done?

Thank you

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a two part query as below

Apply PCC from Canada -> Get ITA -> Travel to India and come back -> Submit PR documents along with PCC. Timeline below:-
  1. I apply for PCC from Canada on Dec 2
  2. I get an ITA on Dec 4. I accept it but don't submit the documents
  3. I travel to India on Dec 9 and come back to Canada on Jan 16
  4. I get PCC that was applied on Dec 2 in Canada and then submit the documents for PR application (apply from Canada)
-- OR --

Get ITA -> Travel to India and apply for PCC from India -> Come back to Canada -> Submit PR documents along with PCC. Timeline below:-
  1. I get an ITA on Dec 4. I accept it but don't submit the documents
  2. I travel to India on Dec 9 and apply for PCC their at the PSK office and get the PCC issued from India
  3. I come back to Canada on Jan 16
  4. Then submit the documents along with the PCC obtained from India in my PR application (apply from Canada)
Are both these a valid cases where PCC remains valid or this is not a correct approach?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Hey what did you end up doing? I am in the same boat