+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application: Family Member Proof of Status?

jackjack123

Mar 31, 2023
I am applying for my permanent residency and I am confused at this Part.

Ok quick background. I have 3 siblings with "Canadian immigration status document":
An older sister who has a PR and lives in Canada,
A younger sister who has a work permit and lives in Canada,
and a younger brother who has a study permit that hasn't yet expired but no longer lives or studies in Canada.

There is a part where I am asked to provide "Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling" and this is pretty straightforward, I just provide the PR card of my older sister.

But what about for "Family Member Proof of Status"? The description of the requirement is as follows:
"You must provide a copy of your family member's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document."

This seems like exactly the same description as "Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling". So should I just include the documents for my other siblings? What about my younger brother who no longer studies or lives in Canada but technically still have a study permit that hasn't expired yet, should I also include a copy of his work permit?