+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr and exempted Lima job offer

HendElsayed

Oct 16, 2024
Hi there,

It looks like I am in a very complicated situation. I am postdoc on a closed and lmia exempted work permit. Worked for years in Germany but was 20 per week. So when I tried to create the express entry profile I got rejected as I didn’t meet the minimum criteria. I guess the points of the job offer and the work experience weren’t counted. So my score dropped. I was about to apply for another job here but they need a person with pr. Is there any way to get out of this mess? What to do to be able to apply for the pr and if I couldn’t how can I get an open work permit so I can work anything not tied to only the university?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

It looks like I am in a very complicated situation. I am postdoc on a closed and lmia exempted work permit. Worked for years in Germany but was 20 per week. So when I tried to create the express entry profile I got rejected as I didn’t meet the minimum criteria. I guess the points of the job offer and the work experience weren’t counted. So my score dropped. I was about to apply for another job here but they need a person with pr. Is there any way to get out of this mess? What to do to be able to apply for the pr and if I couldn’t how can I get an open work permit so I can work anything not tied to only the university?
Open work permits are only issued in specific circumstances. Based on the information you have provided above, you wouldn't qualify for one, unless there is information you haven't shared with us such as having a spouse in Canada on a study permit or closed work permit.

For your current job to count as a job offer, you need to work for your employer first in Canada for a full year.

HendElsayed

Oct 16, 2024
Open work permits are only issued in specific circumstances. Based on the information you have provided above, you wouldn't qualify for one, unless there is information you haven't shared with us such as having a spouse in Canada on a study permit or closed work permit.

For your current job to count as a job offer, you need to work for your employer first in Canada for a full year.
Thanks for getting back to me! It’s almost year for me working as a postdoc. Next month will be exactly a year. However when I tried to create express entry profile didn’t seem to work it was rejected claiming I don’t meet the minimum criteria. If I wait till next month will this make any difference? How to get a competitive score after dropping the work experience and the job offer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for getting back to me! It’s almost year for me working as a postdoc. Next month will be exactly a year. However when I tried to create express entry profile didn’t seem to work it was rejected claiming I don’t meet the minimum criteria. If I wait till next month will this make any difference? How to get a competitive score after dropping the work experience and the job offer?
Sounds like you don't have the minimum points to qualify right now. Wait a month.

Learn French and score sufficiently high on the French language test to qualify for the French draws.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So can really French boost my score alone without a job offer?
You still need to meet minimum program requirements however French will certainly give you an advantage. For next steps, I would recommend you dedicate more time to researching Canada's immigration programs.

Reactions: HendElsayed

HendElsayed

Oct 16, 2024
I am sorry may I ask you will a job offer that will not be a year by the time they issue the pr still valid. My job offer starts next months and if applied in December that means I’ll have only 6 months left.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am sorry may I ask you will a job offer that will not be a year by the time they issue the pr still valid. My job offer starts next months and if applied in December that means I’ll have only 6 months left.
You don’t have a new WP and are unlikely to get selected for PR in the near future so not sure what your plan is.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your employer needs to be willing to give you a letter stating they will continue to employ you for at least a year after PR if you want to claim the 50 points. Talk to your employer now to see if they are willing to do that.