+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR – Parent application – NDVO or Ottawa?

Canada_2011

Feb 19, 2010
Experts please advise regarding PR application for parent.
I applied for my mother’s PR application in January 2016. At that time, I had provided mailing address as my address in Canada because my mom had visited me on visitor visa then.
Later NDVO asked to submit entire application in June 2016 and we submitted entire application to NDVO. During this time my mother was in India. Though I provided mailing address as address in Canada and residential address as address in India on the application.
Today we received letter requesting for submitting her passport to NDVO. At this time my mom is in Canada and she will be here until end of July. The letter contains instruction to submit passport to NDVO through VFS. It also mentions that, if we have provided our mailing address in Canada, and we are in Canada and plan to be in Canada for another 3 months, then we can submit passport to Ottawa office.
I have arrangement in place to send passport to Delhi office. However, I am inclined toward submitting passport to Ottawa office.
My worry is – since my mom’s application is being processed from NDVO, and having passport sent to Ottawa office should not create confusion and delay processing.
Please advice what is better, sending passport to Ottawa or to Delhi office. Thank you in advance.
Note that – we received all communications from Immigration over email.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canada_2011 said:
I have arrangement in place to send passport to Delhi office. However, I am inclined toward submitting passport to Ottawa office.
My worry is – since my mom’s application is being processed from NDVO, and having passport sent to Ottawa office should not create confusion and delay processing.
Please advice what is better, sending passport to Ottawa or to Delhi office. Thank you in advance.
Why would you think sending the passport to Ottawa would cause confusion and delays when IRCC specifically gives that option?

Just send it to Ottawa.