+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR but urgent situation

Chenkai

Oct 15, 2018
Hello everyone, I have received my PPR on July 2, 2019 after 8 months wait. However, I have some questions regarding my application which is a little bit complex. Hope anyone help me. Much appreciation. Here is my situation: I am the principal applicant and my wife is the dependent applicant. I am in Canada now from July 1 to July 26 for my PhD study. My wife who is pregnant now is in China and our baby may be born on August 1. Here are my questions:
1. Shall we send our passports now to Ottawa Visa office and wait until I get our passport back and then go back to China? Or it is better for us to mail passports in China to Beijing Visa office after I go back to China on July 27? ( If we choose the second one, we need to extend time for sending passport.)
2. What if our baby born after we receive our passport and COPR back ? Do we need to re-issue our Visa? and how long does it take?
3. What if the baby born before my landing, (of course we will inform the immigration office of the newborn baby and provide the documents they need), how much time does it take to add a new applicant to get the baby profile done?
4. If we are lucky enough, (which means we can receive our passport and COPR in time in July), can I land first before my wife come to Canada (She is pregnant and is not able to fly to Canada now). If I landed before the baby’s birth, should my baby open an new account to apply from the very beginning?
5. If I land before the baby born, what impacts it has to my landing paper and my wife's landing later on?

Really need someone's professional suggestion.
Thanks again.