+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Potential Inadmissibility to Canada

Chuks18

Nov 19, 2018
I'm married to a US citizen and our permanent resident application was denied on account of fraud. we have decided that I should apply for the Canadian PR. I have gotten my ITA but we are concerned about how that finding may affect the Canadian PR. I am still legally married to my wife in the US. I have not received any deportation order and my police certificate is clean.

Please forum members how do I answer one of the questions in the PR form. The question asks whether I have been denied any immigrant visa or permanent residence in Canada or another country and why if the answer is yes. We are concerned that this may show up on background checks. How do we handle this?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
I'm married to a US citizen and our permanent resident application was denied on account of fraud. we have decided that I should apply for the Canadian PR. I have gotten my ITA but we are concerned about how that finding may affect the Canadian PR. I am still legally married to my wife in the US. I have not received any deportation order and my police certificate is clean.

Please forum members how do I answer one of the questions in the PR form. The question asks whether I have been denied any immigrant visa or permanent residence in Canada or another country and why if the answer is yes. We are concerned that this may show up on background checks. How do we handle this?
US and Canada share their data. If you US Permanent residency got denied you answer is yes. It can be or can't have consequences depends what US Visa officer findings were and why he denied that. You can't answer no otherwise even after issuing if Canadian PR you will put yourself in jeopardy because of misrepresentation. If basis of fraud was sham marriage and you can proof legality of your marriage than you are good and nothing to worry about

Good Luck

Chuks18

Nov 19, 2018
US and Canada share their data. If you US Permanent residency got denied you answer is yes. It can be or can't have consequences depends what US Visa officer findings were and why he denied that. You can't answer no otherwise even after issuing if Canadian PR you will put yourself in jeopardy because of misrepresentation. If basis of fraud was sham marriage and you can proof legality of your marriage than you are good and nothing to worry about

Good Luck
Thanks for the note. I have documentation on my marriage such as leases, bills, vehicle license, credit cards, marriage certificate, pay slips as proof of my marriage. Should I submit all these with the PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the note. I have documentation on my marriage such as leases, bills, vehicle license, credit cards, marriage certificate, pay slips as proof of my marriage. Should I submit all these with the PR?
You should follow the PR application process for Canada and include the information requested. And yes - as part of the application you'll be asked to provide some evidence of your marriage.

I take it you have decided to give up on the US and don't plan to return at all in the future? In the US, marriage fraud carries a lifetime ban. Once you leave, you should expect that returning won't be possible (even as a visitor).

Reactions: kuskus

Drezil20

Aug 26, 2020

Bro please can you give me update on your case! Did you make it into CA!
did your past marriage have any effect on your PR process