+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post test RQ wainting 39 months/Wiinipeg Office

siavashz

Jul 1, 2015
Dear Friend,

My citizenship application was received by CIC on Sep, 27, 2012. I have written and passed the test on April, 7 2014. A month later I received RQ because I noticed that I had converted my travel dates wrong and ended up having 1091 physical presence days. However, because of my uncertainty in my travel dates I submitted my application a month delay meaning that technically I had more than the minimum required 1095 days. Anyway, since the date I had responded to the RQ (june 1,2014) with strong proof of my presence in Cnada (my full-time job record within the last 4 years, T4, travel dates from canada border agency, mortgage payments, medical history, properties, and etc), I have not still heard anything from CIC in Winnipeg.It s been almost 39 months since my application and nothing has happened. I have requested ATIP and looks like since may 2015 there were updates in my file such as clearance,and etc. I tried contacting call center a month ago and they told me that they would send a note to local office. However, based on what I have read in the forum, call center gives contradicting info. I am planning to hire a lawyer and go for "Writ of Mandamus" as I was told that could be the only way to have the case finalized otherwise it will never finish. I need to know if anyone has the same experience and any advice on this matter is a highly appreciated.

thx,

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Try calling your MPs office and asking them to inquire directly with CIC's MP line before spending money on Mandamus. But yes, at 39 months you are in a good place for Mandamus. CIC Winnipeg seems very disorganized.