+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Secondary Dropout wanting to complete education in Canada via a 2 year Diploma

10yearhopeful

Feb 28, 2023
My case may be slightly complex. After my O and A levels with straight As, my family was unable to afford higher education due to a sudden change in our financial situation.

From being able to get admissions into universities like McGill and UBC based on my results, I was unable to afford or even apply to them in my final year of higher secondary. For that reason I enrolled in a competitive accountancy certification which I dropped out of after 1 and a half year for combined reasons of lacking interest and an increased financial responsibility on myself. I had always wanted to pursue a higher education in Canada and I got into the workforce and earning bread for my family and to support my father, I was first offering classes as a Private Tutor to students based off of my grades and knowledge in O and A level subjects. I began working at a local business first as their bookkeeper first then their, finance manager and have since then become the general manager. Since 2015 I have no certification but I have work experience and reference letters to show the same. Recently I was approached by a few corporate powerhouses with consultancy offers which could not be materialized into proper jobs only because of my lack of having a formal higher education. I did extensive research and applied to a 2 year Post Secondary Diploma that I liked, and applied to. Got confirmation within the next 3 days due to my grades in post secondary. Ive scored a 8 band in IELTS just now and have the funds to easily study. My concern is whether this is acceptable at all for me to have a gap in my post secondary education and going for it now so late into my 20s (27). I will be applying via the SDS and paying around 30K CAD upfront and If the chances of me getting approval are slim I would like to avoid going down this road of acquiring my post secondary diploma.