+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PR application

maher87

Sep 20, 2013
Hi,

I'm Tunisian citizen, It's been 15 months since I came to Canada, last April I applied for a PR through CEC, after that I applied for a bridging VISA, OWP (Open Work Permit), I got it yesterday, my issue here is that my VISA expire in 45 days, I know that I'm able to stay in Canada with my OWP, but If I decide to leave Canada and come back it won't be possible to pass the borders without a VISA.

My question Is how I can get a new VISA while I'm here in Canada, and what kind of application I should Send ?

I made a small research and I found 2 different applications :

1- Application For Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa - TRV)
2- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or a Temporary Resident Permit Holder.

I'm confused which one I should apply for, and how long it may take, because my visa expire in 45 days.

Thanks

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App
maher87 said:
Hi,

I'm Tunisian citizen, It's been 15 months since I came to Canada, last April I applied for a PR through CEC, after that I applied for a bridging VISA, OWP (Open Work Permit), I got it yesterday, my issue here is that my VISA expire in 45 days, I know that I'm able to stay in Canada with my OWP, but If I decide to leave Canada and come back it won't be possible to pass the borders without a VISA.

My question Is how I can get a new VISA while I'm here in Canada, and what kind of application I should Send ?

I made a small research and I found 2 different applications :

1- Application For Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa - TRV)
2- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or a Temporary Resident Permit Holder.

I'm confused which one I should apply for, and how long it may take, because my visa expire in 45 days.

Thanks
you need to apply for a visiting visa online based on your work permit in order for you to be able to return to canada if you left ... so the answer is "yes" you would need a visa to returned back to Canada ...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp