+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POST ITA -> query related to settlement funds balance maintenance for 6 months

Apr 18, 2024
*POST ITA Query*

Can someone clarify if the bank balance for the past 6 months must consistently meet the settlement funds requirement, or is it enough if only the closing balance meets the requirement?
the reason i ask is that I've been saving from my salary each month, and I reached and surpassed the required amount two months ago.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
It must consistently meet, small dips are sometimes overlooked but very subjective. The safest option is to stay consistently above

Reactions: Naturgrl
Apr 18, 2024
Now that I'm about to submit my PR application, my bank statement does not meet the settlement funds requirement for the first four months. Is there anything I can do now to avoid any form of rejection?

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
As Lord_Tony said, it is very subjective because the VO that will process your application, will have full discretion regarding how to interpret your file (within the guidelines that is)

However, it is well documented by now, that people that didn’t meet the POF requirements 6 months prior to their application but do at the time they submit it (By using a gift deed for example. Even for the full amount.) still can have their application approved. Especially, if you have an ongoing, legal job at the time of your application, and the VO can see how you've been getting paid consistently and as well, saving money consistently, even if you can’t use that job directly for POF (Maybe because you don’t have a LMIA for it)

At the end of the day, what they really care about is, that you have the money available to you by the time you apply and during the duration of your processing of your application. Also, that this money is unencumbered by debt of course and comes from legal sources. The fact that your bank statement shows a steady income flow, as well as a healthy saving habit, is going to help you in the long run, even if you didn’t have the complete amount for the first 4 months of those 6 months you showed in your statement. What really matters is that you do by the time you apply, and the VO can see where those funds came from.

As per the IRCC:

Your funds must be available to you both when.

• you apply
  • we issue you a permanent resident visa (if we approve your application)

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html