+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Passports/Travel Documents download - all documents vs. valid only

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Could you please advise what is best approach to Passports/Travel Documents download post-ITA?

The official requirement is to download current valid passport, but there are various controversial advices in the network: 1) some people insist that it's better to download old passport with all the stamps and visas in order to avoid additional requests, especially in case of substantial travel history; 2) others advise to do not add any additional scans, since they are not requested and could confuse immigration officer.

Since the ultimate goal is to have package processed as fast as possible, what is the best way? To give more scans in order to avoid requests? To avoid redundant documents upload?

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Alternatively, could you maybe just share your decision: upload both old and new passport or just new and why?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
I Upload the scan of every page of my passport both old and new. This removes any doubt the Visa officer has about your travel history. e.g. you say you were in X Country from Date Y to Date Z. The scan proves that

Reactions: TTBR

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
I Upload the scan of every page of my passport both old and new. This removes any doubt the Visa officer has about your travel history. e.g. you say you were in X Country from Date Y to Date Z. The scan proves that
Thanks! Sounds like another justification to upload both.